ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

trafic offence

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

needhsmp

trafic offence

Post by needhsmp » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:03 pm

i have got three point on my licence can i aply for tier 1 general please advice thanks in advance

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:05 pm

yes you can. But remember to declare it in the form.

ChetanOjha

Re: trafic offence

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:44 pm

needhsmp wrote:i have got three point on my licence can i aply for tier 1 general please advice thanks in advance
What was the offense? Was it drink driving? Signal jump? or something else.

needhsmp

detail

Post by needhsmp » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:20 am

sory i didnt put detail wat hapen is i aply in person on 14th aug but they want to make further inqueries my aplication is now in proces but last week i made two mistakes one is over speed n i got fine n other is signal jump plz advice wil it afect my aplication

ChetanOjha

Re: detail

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:54 am

needhsmp wrote:sory i didnt put detail wat hapen is i aply in person on 14th aug but they want to make further inqueries my aplication is now in proces but last week i made two mistakes one is over speed n i got fine n other is signal jump plz advice wil it afect my aplication
You mean you applied and than signal jumped/over speeded? If application is made before traffic offense you should be fine. Traffic offences are generally does not affect visa application unless you are convicted by court.

mcu

Post by mcu » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:02 pm

An accident with no points, no police involved. no court etc , just loged as an accident is a traffic offense?

push

Re: detail

Post by push » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:33 pm

chetanojha wrote:You mean you applied and than signal jumped/over speeded? If application is made before traffic offense you should be fine. Traffic offences are generally does not affect visa application unless you are convicted by court.
What about change in circumstances? (I am not opining on the Traffic offence question though)

uik
Newly Registered

Driving without Valid Business Insurance

Post by uik » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:01 am

Guyz,

I have read the good character requirement under the "British Citizenship" on the home office's website that state that if you have any traffic offence related to either driving without valid insurance or valid driving license; they both come under dishonesty fraud and your citizenship application is likely to be refused. Could someone please shed some light what would be happen if someone does have an insurance related traffic offence and they are applying for a Tier 1 General extension ? Has anyone had the same problem ?

Regards,

UK

ChetanOjha

Re: Driving without Valid Business Insurance

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:09 am

uik wrote:Guyz,

I have read the good character requirement under the "British Citizenship" on the home office's website that state that if you have any traffic offence related to either driving without valid insurance or valid driving license; they both come under dishonesty fraud and your citizenship application is likely to be refused. Could someone please shed some light what would be happen if someone does have an insurance related traffic offence and they are applying for a Tier 1 General extension ? Has anyone had the same problem ?

Regards,

UK
Statement you mentioned above is for Citizenship and not for Tier-1 extension. Though Tier-1 extension form does ask you whether you had any offense registered in your name etc. I would advice to declare it in your form honestly so that you are in the good sides of the book. Not declaring it will definetly haunt you some or other day.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:11 am

i had 3 speeding points which I declared with date in my application. You will be fine as long as you declare them.

I just wrote in convictions as below:

Points Reason Fine Date
3 exceeding speed limit on motorway £60 date of the points on counter part

:wink:

uik
Newly Registered

Insurance Related Points

Post by uik » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:25 am

Hi Folks,

Thanks for your kind advices. I am actually in a rather tricky situation. My mate runs a Pizza Shop. He was quite busy one day and asked me to deliver a pizza as a favour. I delivered the pizza but on my way back got stopped by Police. He saw the empty pizza bag and asked whether I was delivering pizzas. I honestly stated that I did deliver a pizza as a favour to a mate. He checked my insurance but I only had Social domestic and pleasure insurance, and had no business insurance. He gave me 6 points and £200 penalty + he seized my car, for which I had to pay another £ 200 to release the car. Anyways, I took my case to the court and I have my hearing next week.

Could anyone provide any useful advise that would help me in my situation?

Also, had anyone had to declare any insurance related points in their Tier 1 (or any other) visa form ? What was the result ?

Cheers,

UK

uik
Newly Registered

NOT GUILTY

Post by uik » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:11 am

Guys !

I am delighted to inform you that I was acquitted of my charges yesterday and was found to be NOT GUILTY by the court. Just to remind everyone that the offence was "Driving without Business Insurance". That means that the 6 points on my license have been removed and I do no have to pay the penalty fine of £200. Also I will be able to cliam back the £600 I pais to my solicitor.

If any friend has a similar problem and need any assistance then please let me know and I will be happy to help.

Regards,

UK

ChetanOjha

Re: NOT GUILTY

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:16 am

uik wrote:Guys !

I am delighted to inform you that I was acquitted of my charges yesterday and was found to be NOT GUILTY by the court. Just to remind everyone that the offence was "Driving without Business Insurance". That means that the 6 points on my license have been removed and I do no have to pay the penalty fine of £200. Also I will be able to cliam back the £600 I pais to my solicitor.

If any friend has a similar problem and need any assistance then please let me know and I will be happy to help.

Regards,

UK
That's great!! Please share your experience.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:24 pm

Great, but be careful while delivering pizza again :wink:.

Regards,

UK

uik
Newly Registered

Post by uik » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:29 pm

Hey Hey ! I was so frightened that I even stopped eatin pizzas, let alone delivering them. :lol: Well just joking, it's kinda hard to live without having pizzas ! :o
mvent00 wrote:Great, but be careful while delivering pizza again :wink:.

Regards,

UK

Trypsin
Newly Registered

Post by Trypsin » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:18 am

uik wrote:Hey Hey ! I was so frightened that I even stopped eatin pizzas, let alone delivering them. :lol: Well just joking, it's kinda hard to live without having pizzas ! :o
mvent00 wrote:Great, but be careful while delivering pizza again :wink:.

Regards,

UK
Hi,Uki, urgent need your help. I just been caught by police last night like you before. Could you give me more information how to deal with this? thanks a lot.