ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone with 2 yr HSMP being affected by the credit crunch?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

goodssb

Anyone with 2 yr HSMP being affected by the credit crunch?

Post by goodssb » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:22 pm

Hi all,

I have two years HSMP visa starting from 1 Aug 2008. I came to the UK in Oct 08. But due to this economic climate and lack of UK experience, I was really struggling in finding a job. Finally I got a job, due to start from next month. However, the salary is not good and I have only 10 months left before the last time I can send out extension application. I will not be able earn enough salary to claim enough points. Does anyone have similar experience? What can I do?...

fahadz1
BANNED

Re: Anyone with 2 yr HSMP being affected by the credit crunc

Post by fahadz1 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:55 am

you have to fulfill the criteria in order to get extension. they will not relax any rules. You have to show your earning from self employment activities to fulfill the short amount

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:06 am

goodssb wrote:Hi all,

I have two years HSMP visa starting from 1 Aug 2008. I came to the UK in Oct 08. But due to this economic climate and lack of UK experience, I was really struggling in finding a job. Finally I got a job, due to start from next month. However, the salary is not good and I have only 10 months left before the last time I can send out extension application. I will not be able earn enough salary to claim enough points. Does anyone have similar experience? What can I do?...
try some part-time and other jobs with you main job. Also keep an eye on market so that you can switch as soon as you get opportunity.

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:55 am

Unfortunately the criteria will not be relaxed. As Chetan suggested, get another Part Time job or change to a better full time job at the first opportunity. If this does not work out, try and change to another appropriate Visa category other than Tier-1 (General).
goodssb wrote:Hi all,

Regards,
crowbar6

goodssb

Post by goodssb » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:06 am

Guys, thanks a lot for your replies. I will try to earn more income. But if I cannot, I might have to change to my wife's dependant. Currently she is my dependant, but she's got a job and should be able to earn enough points. So we might have to make initial application again. That means our 5 years stay in the UK will have to re-start again, right?

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:07 am

Yes

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:34 pm

goodssb wrote:Guys, thanks a lot for your replies. I will try to earn more income. But if I cannot, I might have to change to my wife's dependant. Currently she is my dependant, but she's got a job and should be able to earn enough points. So we might have to make initial application again. That means our 5 years stay in the UK will have to re-start again, right?
try to do some self employment. even if you sell something in ebay and get some profit it can be counted as self emplyment. contact with some accountant they will sort you out with your invoice and tax etc. many people do like these when they are short of few thousands pounds to claim point. do not lose your hope and opportunity of using those 2 years that you are on HSMP. dont let the ILR clock restart again. find some way out.. trust me it wont be hard...

push

Post by push » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:31 pm

goodssb wrote:Guys, thanks a lot for your replies. I will try to earn more income. But if I cannot, I might have to change to my wife's dependant. Currently she is my dependant, but she's got a job and should be able to earn enough points. So we might have to make initial application again. That means our 5 years stay in the UK will have to re-start again, right?
You will then have to go back to your country and re-enter as her dependant.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

goodssb

Post by goodssb » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:18 am

Thanks nionlight and push, I will definitely try self-employment then.