ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR JR Refunds

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

supercreature

ILR JR Refunds

Post by supercreature » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:14 pm

Anyone who have got the Refund amount after successful ILR. Do we need to claim it or they will send it automatically by post? :?:

munawer
Newly Registered

Re: ILR JR Refunds

Post by munawer » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:53 pm

they will send you a cheque within 4 weeks.

Sten

Re: ILR JR Refunds

Post by Sten » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:22 pm

munawer wrote:they will send you a cheque within 4 weeks.
there were some people who got their JR ILR in June and still waiting for the cheque ...
Good luck !

taliska

ILR Refund

Post by taliska » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:01 pm

Hi I held a work permit from 2003 it was issued for 5yrs so i did not need to change over to the HSMP when it came in, however the year (from 4 to 5yrs)i would have been qualified to gain ILR was changed which extended my wait by a year and alsoincreased the fees I had to pay for my ILR. Are the refunds in relation to this change in fees? Would i Qualify for a refund othe extra fee i payed?

Sten

Re: ILR Refund

Post by Sten » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:10 pm

taliska wrote:Hi I held a work permit from 2003 it was issued for 5yrs so i did not need to change over to the HSMP when it came in, however the year (from 4 to 5yrs)i would have been qualified to gain ILR was changed which extended my wait by a year and alsoincreased the fees I had to pay for my ILR. Are the refunds in relation to this change in fees? Would i Qualify for a refund othe extra fee i payed?
No. This does not apply to WP holders at all.
Good luck !

supercreature

Post by supercreature » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:12 am

It has been 2 months now and have not got any cheque yet. :roll: :(

newuser11
Newly Registered

Post by newuser11 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:22 pm

I got the ILR from Croydon on 2nd July still waiting for refund

HSMPLover

Post by HSMPLover » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:29 pm

Hi,

I got ILR on 2nd July and got ILR JR refund in 2nd week of August.

newuser11 wrote:I got the ILR from Croydon on 2nd July still waiting for refund
I hope you will get very soon.

Regards
HSMPLover.

Pisces

Post by Pisces » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:19 am

Hi,

I got my ILR on 7th July and still waiting for the refund, it is strange to know that a friend of mine who applied afterwards (11th July) already got the refund (2 weeks back).

Any idea why they are taking time to refund the money?

Regards,
Pisces

supercreature

Post by supercreature » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:49 am

Have anyone contacted UKBA for refunds? please share experience...

newuser11
Newly Registered

Post by newuser11 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:31 am

Any one knows the contact details how to contact them for refund. I am waiting for refund from last 2.5 month

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:38 pm

I have been waiting for more than 3 months. Did you they send letter first saying payment is processed ? I didn't receive any communication.

supercreature

Post by supercreature » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:05 am

I have not got any sort of letter with my ILR or after ILR... it has been around 2.5 month now for me too :cry: should we normally get any letter?

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:30 am

It looks like caseworker who granted ILR should add a note saying that your are eligible for refund so that your refund will be processed automatically.Otherwise you won't get anything. this is for persons who applied ILR under HSMP JR. You need to find out this by calling Home office. " No notes means no refund ". It is as simple as that.

It is already 3 months for me and it clear that nothing is gonna happen unless I call. Hence I am trying find out what exactly I need to do to get my refund.

Has anyone successfully got refund after calling HO or should we need apply using the refund form ?

supercreature

Post by supercreature » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:46 pm

no note no refund... but correct me if I am wrong Home office did not mention any thing like that on their web site. It was on their website for JR ruling refunds that if you will get successful in ILR JR applications u will get refund automatically. there was no mentioning of criteria for choosing people for refunds among successful ILR JR applicants...

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:45 pm

I agree with you. There is no guidance on this but It is down to caseworker to decide whether an applicant is eligible for refund and there should be note to say refund should be processed. As reported in hsmp forum link, there are many cases where refunds were denied especially where caseworker decided applicant needed an second extension to qualify for ILR.

Have you called Home office and talked about your refund ?

gloria
Newly Registered

Post by gloria » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:21 pm

It has been more than 2 months in my case. I got the ILR letter saying that I would be eligible for a refund of my second extension and they would process it. I am going to contact them in case they forget it.

supercreature

Post by supercreature » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:22 pm

Hi Tech,

I have not contacted the Home office as at home office website there was no mentioning that we will get a letter with ILR passport return that we are eligible for a refund.... beside that there was no mentioning even that I am not eligible for a refund or some thing ... they UKBA website states that we do not need to do any thing, if we have successful ILR JR application we should get a refund separately. That is why I didnt do any thing.... other than wait.

Ofcourse if it depends on the case worker to decide if I needed another extension or not than I will have argument for sure then WHY they didnt mentioned this at first place.... ? as website give indication that all JR successful applicants will get refunds....

Pisces

Post by Pisces » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:47 am

tech wrote:I agree with you. There is no guidance on this but It is down to caseworker to decide whether an applicant is eligible for refund and there should be note to say refund should be processed. As reported in hsmp forum link, there are many cases where refunds were denied especially where caseworker decided applicant needed an second extension to qualify for ILR.

Have you called Home office and talked about your refund ?
I have called HO today and they according to the contact centre agent there is no update on my file after the ILR (i.e. no communication or activity). He did mentioned that if I got the letter saying that I will be getting the refund then I will get it, he seems to have no answer for the delay.

He asked me to write down a letter to the address mentioned on the latter (ILR/refund approval), and not to use the HO refund form as I have already received the above letter.

I will write down a letter today, I know couple of friends who haven't got the refund even they have applied before me, but again there are number of fellows how already got the refund.

Pisces

Post by Pisces » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:54 am

gloria wrote:It has been more than 2 months in my case. I got the ILR letter saying that I would be eligible for a refund of my second extension and they would process it. I am going to contact them in case they forget it.
Hi gloria, just write to the address appeared in your ILR/Refund letter as I have called HO and he advise me to do so as well. Witting a reminder letter to any other address might not speed up the processing on your refund application.

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:54 am

Can you please tell me which number did you call ? I am not getting anywhere with this.

supercreature

Post by supercreature » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:56 am

Pisces

I have not got any letter from HO at the time of ILR success. Still, I would say there was clear mentioning at the UKBA website that "if you are successful in ILR JR you will get the refund and you dont need to do any thing".

can any one please share the refund policy page link from UKBA website... I am afraid I've lost it ...

Pisces

Post by Pisces » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:12 pm

tech wrote:Can you please tell me which number did you call ? I am not getting anywhere with this.
I have called general enquiry number 08706067766, and opt for general enquiry (general queue), agent asked for my reference number and then told me that there is no update and he can't do anything (it looks like agents are not trained to answer these type of queries). He advise me to write a reminder letter to the case worker (same address as on the approval letter). He told me NOT to use the HO refund form as this might confused the worker and the processing might take longer then expected (hah... don't know that they call longer, it is already 2 months now).

Pisces

Post by Pisces » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:41 pm

supercreature wrote:Pisces

I have not got any letter from HO at the time of ILR success. Still, I would say there was clear mentioning at the UKBA website that "if you are successful in ILR JR you will get the refund and you dont need to do any thing".

can any one please share the refund policy page link from UKBA website... I am afraid I've lost it ...
If you haven't received the letter with your ILR (I am assuming that you applied after the JR, and you were not requiored to send HO the refund form) stating that the one off payment is due then I am afraid it is very unlikely that you would receive a refund.

It is shame but I am sure someone at HO un-surface a brilliant point that all who landed in the UK more then 28 days late then their stamped date (HSMP Visa) actually are not entitled for the refund as they would not be able to apply for the ILR without last extension (as per ILR rule you can't apply more then 28 days in advance, hence the last extension).

Can you confirm that there is no greater then 28 days gap between you getting the HSMP Visa and you Landing in the UK?

supercreature

Post by supercreature » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:51 am

Yes sir, perhaps I have 35 days gap .... but do I need extension for 1 week? for 750£?? :lol: (smiling with anger)