ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO , Potential Payment Problems , Help needed

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rashidshah
Newly Registered

PEO , Potential Payment Problems , Help needed

Post by rashidshah » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:59 am

Hi all , I have my ILR appointment on Tuesday (1/09/09 ) @ PEO Liverpool. I am a bit worried about paymnet.

1) I have heard that sometimes they cannot take payments on a credit/debit card , is that true ? Do they have chip and pin at the PEOs OR they take card information on Application Form and process it themselves? Any one with this knid of information/experience ?

2)If their system is not working for some reason (IT breakdown etc ) , should i take a bankers draft as my Cheque guarntee on my card is not £1070 !

I would appreciate quick replies,please, as today is the last day when i can get this because of Bank holiday

Thanks again

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:22 am

I am having PEO appintment at croydon tomorrow (Saturday service). I am planning pay by debit card.

please somebody Let me know if I need to get cash / check in addition

global gypsy

Post by global gypsy » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:35 am

When I went for my PEO interview last month, I carried along cash. I didn't have to use it though because the card machines worked that day, but I feel that's the best way to handle this card machine risk.

Of course, do make sure you don't reveal to others you are carrying this amount of cash with you!

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:48 am

Dear global gypsy,
Will they accept cheque?

Or do we have ATM within PEO office?

Thanks

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:53 am

I think it is difficult to get that much cash by ATM

maximum amount we can draw from ATM in a day from a card is only £300, I have 1 credit and 1 debit card.

I have to use them both to get maximum amount today and tomorrow to get the cash required.

I will take risk with card instead of drawing money like this

Sten

Post by Sten » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:55 am

hari15 wrote:I think it is difficult to get that much cash by ATM

maximum amount we can draw from ATM in a day from a card is only £300, I have 1 credit and 1 debit card.

I have to use them both to get maximum amount today and tomorrow to get the cash required.

I will take risk with card instead of drawing money like this
Go to the bank and withdraw it from a counter, that's what I did.

My credit card transaction was declined in PEO (Citi Bank MC - too cautious), glad I had that cash in my pocket. I did not even have to change the payment form page, just handed over the cash and that was all, got a receipt.

I am afraid this is the only way, as I doubt there are any cards that will allow you to guaranty a £1K+ cheque and bank draft is not in the list of the acceptable payment methods, as I remember.

The only drawback - I did not earn any cashback from that payment, should have taken another cashback card with me.
Good luck !

global gypsy

Post by global gypsy » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:15 am

I withdrew £300 each day over a few days in the week before my interview; it helps to plan these things.
Considering your interview is tomorrow, perhaps you can walk into your bank and withdraw the amount at the teller. Remember, it's your money in the bank!

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:01 pm

Thanks global gypsy

My bank lies very near to Crodon PEO office,

If by any chance credit card machine wont work, will they give us some time to draw from near by bank and return?

Thanks

shivuu006

Post by shivuu006 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:19 pm

guys

it is very highly unlikley that machines go wrong but if possible carry cash as well as safe side. also if you have one or two cards take them along. in my case i had filled in one card details but paid with another one as cashier told it doesnt matter how you pay

hert

Post by hert » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:27 pm

When I went to Croydon yesterday, their machine worked very well. Though if you don't intend to take that risk, go to bank and get the money or Postal order would be another option.

See whichever is best for you.