ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Where to send Appeal - AIT OR BHC DELHI

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AppealUK
Newly Registered

Where to send Appeal - AIT OR BHC DELHI

Post by AppealUK » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:52 am

Hi All,

Would appreciate your help

My wife applied for spouse visa from chandigarh India, and application was sent to British High commission Delhi for further processing. Unfortunately application was refused on 31st of August.

I spoke to an immigration advisor who advised me that I should send appeal directly to AIT and a E-mail to ECM for review. Even after speaking to Delhi BHC they confirmed that they send all appeals to AIT after one week of being received n wait for the judge to give them directions on what to do. Further they said case is not reviewed until they hear from AIT.

After reading post on this forum I understand that appeal should be sent to ECM, BHC Delhi. But my solicitor is advising that it should be sent to AIT to avoid any delays getting hearing dates.

Have to send appeal at the earliest within 28 days

VERY CONFUSED AS DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO? HELP!!!!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:20 pm

Send it direct to the BHC in India. The ECM on receipt will review decision - could take anything up to 6 weeks or so.

If you send it to AIT, all they will do is forward it to the BHC - It takes 6 weeks to do that, then add another 6 weeks for the ECM to review it.

Remember the ECM is the only person who has the power to overturn an earlier decision initially not anybody at AIT. Only time that it will happen at AIT is at the day of the hearing where the Adjudicator decides in your favour

You would only need to send to AIT if you cant get it to the BHC Post where it was refused, within 28 days from the day you were handed the refusal notice

navbulls

Post by navbulls » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:27 pm

Hi! Appeal UK

I was refused earlier at BHC DELHI, I think you can save some time by sending it to British High Commission.... Ask your wife to send you the original Refusal notice asap.

It has been 4 weeks and have not heard anything from BHC or AIT... keeping my fingers crossed..

Best Of Luck
Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting...

navbulls

Post by navbulls » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:24 pm

Hi!

Just to add to my previous post... If your wife uses FedEX Priority Service, u'll have it with you within 2-3 working days.

Take Care
Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting...

AppealUK
Newly Registered

Post by AppealUK » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:57 pm

Thanks Batleykhan, Navbulls for reply

I have decided to send my wife's appeal to British Commission Delhi. All docs be here with me by thurs(fedex it).

cheers