ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what is the current timeframe for issue of certificate ...

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ashimashi

what is the current timeframe for issue of certificate ...

Post by ashimashi » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:49 am

To those who received their certificate of naturalisation recently: do you remember how long it took from when you sent your declaration in until you got your cert in the post?
thanks

Nehro
Ireland

Post by Nehro » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:11 pm

In my case it took 4 weeks. From others posts the average is 4 to 6 weeks

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:19 am

thanks nehro

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:54 am

4 working weeks to be precise.
Regards
Tiggs

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:44 am

It took 4 weeks for me. But, for my friend who got last week took 6 weeks.
tiggs wrote:4 working weeks to be precise.
Regards
Tiggs

LuasPassenger

What if you want to travel in the meantime?

Post by LuasPassenger » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:53 pm

Does anybody know what would happen if you are waiting for your certificate of naturalisation and you need to travel abroad?

Can you request a letter from INIS saying your certificate of naturalisation is being processed? (You could show this letter at passport control upon returning to Dublin)

Can you just explain the situation when you arrive in Dublin Airport? Would they believe that?

jhbmike

Re: What if you want to travel in the meantime?

Post by jhbmike » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:21 pm

LuasPassenger wrote:Does anybody know what would happen if you are waiting for your certificate of naturalisation and you need to travel abroad?

Can you request a letter from INIS saying your certificate of naturalisation is being processed? (You could show this letter at passport control upon returning to Dublin)

Can you just explain the situation when you arrive in Dublin Airport? Would they believe that?
Happened to me recently. Obviously I had no garda card as I sent it in as requested. When going back into dublin. I showed immigration the approval letter along with my passport. He said congrats and waived me through.

LuasPassenger

Re: What if you want to travel in the meantime?

Post by LuasPassenger » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:53 pm

jhbmike wrote:
LuasPassenger wrote:Does anybody know what would happen if you are waiting for your certificate of naturalisation and you need to travel abroad?

Happened to me recently. Obviously I had no garda card as I sent it in as requested. When going back into dublin. I showed immigration the approval letter along with my passport. He said congrats and waived me through.
That's good to know. I don't think I'll be in this situation myself, but I wanted to know just in case I have to travel for some urgent reason in the next few weeks. Also, a friend of mine will potentially be in this situation. He just received his approval and it looks like he'll have to travel after he takes his oath and sends his papers and GNIB card to INIS.

BDSK2003

Post by BDSK2003 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:39 pm

Do we need to send our original passport when we are submitting Yellow form for naturalization certificate after taking oath in court. it says in the approval letter that you have to submit travel document, photos, GNIB card, fee and signed yellow form

Thanks in advance

BDSK

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:18 pm

BDSK2003 wrote:Do we need to send our original passport when we are submitting Yellow form for naturalization certificate after taking oath in court. it says in the approval letter that you have to submit travel document, photos, GNIB card, fee and signed yellow form

Thanks in advance

BDSK
No, you only need to submit your GNIB card, the yellow sheet, the bank draft/postal order and photos.

The travel document is a document issued by the State to refugees. If you are a refugee, then you do need to include the travel document as well. But if you're not a refugee, well, then you don't have this travel document.

BDSK2003

Post by BDSK2003 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:43 pm

Thanks for the info LP. Did you got your Nat Cert. I remember you were taking Oath some time on 1 st week of Sept

BDSK

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:29 pm

BDSK2003 wrote:Thanks for the info LP. Did you got your Nat Cert. I remember you were taking Oath some time on 1 st week of Sept

BDSK
Has anybody who swore oath in first week of September recieved their cert.

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:48 pm

jhbmike wrote: Has anybody who swore oath in first week of September recieved their cert.
No, but it's a bit early for that, I wouldn't expect it for at least another couple of weeks.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:56 am

ashimashi wrote:
jhbmike wrote: Has anybody who swore oath in first week of September recieved their cert.
No, but it's a bit early for that, I wouldn't expect it for at least another couple of weeks.
I haven't received it either. I can't wait though!!! 8)

I don't understand why it takes them so long... I thought it was just a matter of printing off a pre-written page, glue the photograph, plastify the document and send it off. :roll:

Anyway, if I waited 3 years for the approval, I suppose I can wait two more weeks :D

LP

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:31 am

I was on the phone to them on Tuesday. Lady said that minister signs it personaly. Maybe thats the reason for delay.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:33 am

Hi Buddies,
When i was in the same cert waiting queue, i called up INIS was told that certificates again get signed in Minister's office. That is where the delay is. Even though hard printed and laminated, but INIS receives them from Minister's Office and some times takes longer than anticipated.
Best of luck buddies u almost there...
Regards
Irish Tiggs 8)

D15
Newly Registered

Post by D15 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:47 am

Hi, As I recall: the cert was not exactly "signed": it had the ministerial seal...they took 6 weeks to issue it in my case.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:09 am

Is there any update from the people who took their oath in early September? Has anybody received their certificate yet?

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:19 am

Yep. Received it today! exactly 5 weeks since I sent the documents.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:02 pm

ashimashi wrote:Yep. Received it today! exactly 5 weeks since I sent the documents.
Woohoo!! Congratulations ashimashi!!! :)

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:44 pm

Got mine today. Exactly 5 weeks.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:27 pm

jhbmike wrote:Got mine today. Exactly 5 weeks.
Great! Congratulations! Hopefully I'll get mine next week then. I really can't wait!

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:20 am

LuasPassenger wrote:
Great! Congratulations! Hopefully I'll get mine next week then. I really can't wait!
Yeah it was exciting, went same day to passport office. Good luck to you.

BDSK2003

Post by BDSK2003 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:20 pm

jhbmike wrote:
LuasPassenger wrote:
Hi JB,

Apart from App form, photos, fee and Nat cert, Is there any other documents we need to submit for applying Passport ?

BDSK

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:18 am

BDSK2003 wrote:
jhbmike wrote:
LuasPassenger wrote:
Hi JB,

Apart from App form, photos, fee and Nat cert, Is there any other documents we need to submit for applying Passport ?

BDSK
You also need youre birth certificate. Make sure that youre photos conform to the new standard(mine were wrong and I had to get them done again.)Make sure the garda sign the back of the photos and when you sign the application form make sure you keep youre signature in the white box.