ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk visa, trouble with sollicitor

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

mfm34
Newly Registered

uk visa, trouble with sollicitor

Post by mfm34 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:22 pm

Hello,
I am a friend of a Philippinian woman who asked the help of the sollicitor: "[Name deleted}".
A part from the fees she had to entertain a sexual relationship with the owner, the man used as excuse that was to grant her staying in UK. I am sure you find this as disgusting as I find it.
How is it possible to have justice? If the visa is released can be taken away if entering legal actions?
In the mean time that I try to understand how to help her out, please be sure you don't use this service: [name deleted]
and please let everybody know which person works there.

for a better world.

Sincerely Yours
Dobrovan

PS: I am sorry that my previous post there was a url link, it was probably bad netiquette, but please let the post here, so that noone else shall have this bad experience. Please understand how important is to spread the word.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:26 pm

Look, this is unfounded nonsense, how do you/we know your friend just wanted a bit of hot action with the solicitor, was rejected and now is pursuing a vendetta? Or if any of this ever happened?

I've got three arseholes from which I can speak out of two. Or have I? Get the point?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

mfm34
Newly Registered

Post by mfm34 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:33 pm

Thank you for your reply,
I am asking advice, what exactly should be needed in order to carry on the case.
Of course, the one you pointed out is the first obvious opinion. But sadly, the truth is different, now the question is, how to show it.
Did someone else had a similar experience? How did they manage?

sincerely,
Dobrovan

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:39 pm

mfm34 wrote:Thank you for your reply,
I am asking advice, what exactly should be needed in order to carry on the case.
Of course, the one you pointed out is the first obvious opinion. But sadly, the truth is different, now the question is, how to show it.
Did someone else had a similar experience? How did they manage?

sincerely,
Dobrovan
Nothing, one persons word against another, if any of this is true which I doubt.

How do you know it's true? Have you seen them at it? Think about it, there are three sides to every story like this, the protagonists views, and the truth.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:40 pm

[Name deleted] are, according to their website, registered with OISC. If the lady has any complaint she should take it to them.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:41 pm

It is a completely despicable act, and gross professional misconduct.

The matter should be reported to the Law society/ OISC, and hopefully this solicitor will be struck off and cease from these repugnant act.

That is if, of course the legal expert was involved in those abhorrent act.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:45 pm

Obie wrote:It is a completely despicable act, and gross professional misconduct.

The matter should be reported to the Law society/ OISC, and hopefully this solicitor will be struck off and cease from these repugnant act.

That is if, of course the legal expert was involved in those abhorrent act.
Or, for balance, this woman should be removed from the UK for offering sëx for a visa.

We've no idea here who's done what to whom, the OP hasn't offered any proof or evidence.

mfm34
Newly Registered

Post by mfm34 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:52 pm

I see your point, yes, the situation is very tight.

OISC complaint has already been sent, so, as I see the problem is to obtain something better than "word versus word".

Thank you so much for the feedback.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:49 pm

What about the actual visa application? What was she applying for and where? Was it granted?
There's no question about "s e x for a visa", because the advisor doesn't issue the visa. It's only about the method of payment for advice, and whether the advisor infringed his professional code by accepting or demanding such favours in lieu of cash.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:20 pm

Thanks Mr Rusty for pointing out that this is not a matter of S E X for visa, something that resembles a scandal that marred the Home Office few years back.

This is a professional violating all the ethical and moral codes attached to his profession. He used his position of trust to exploit a woman in a very vulnerable state.

If this matter is proven to be true. It is very serious indeed.

I don't think the victim should have to face deportation, because her status is not regularise.

That a very inhumane way of thinking. That the woman is always in the wrong when these things occur.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:44 pm

Members of this Board are reminded that one of the T&Cs includes :-
You may discuss freely your personal experiences with various services, but you may NOT name them when you are posting negative commentary.
Any further contravention of this rule will lead to the banning of everyone concerned.
John

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:50 pm

Wanderer wrote:
We've no idea here who's done what to whom, the OP hasn't offered any proof or evidence.
People come here for advise not to provide you with the evidence.

I agree with the rest of the guys, if they are OISC registered complaint can be made against him.
Magsi

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:28 pm

now days every one think that professionals got deep pocket

suck them if they r no useful to them