ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship and Separation. can sombody answer me?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

EFR3
Newly Registered

Citizenship and Separation. can sombody answer me?

Post by EFR3 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:03 pm

Hi everyone I have few question regarding my Citizenship. I am married with British citizen and i came to the UK september 2008 as and got my ILR in novermber 2008 ( coz we were in relation outside uk for 4 year) we want sepration i have few question.

1: If we will separate then when i will be able to to apply citizenship
2: i had my one of account here in uk which was overdrawn about 100 pound and i never paid back and my account is closed now did that thing effect my application for citizenship and if willing to pay now so is that ok.

if we will get divorced b4 three year then how long i have to wait for apply for citizenship coz new immigration rules are coming to force aswel.
hope some senior member will answer my question and help me out.
Last edited by EFR3 on Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:21 pm

You won't qualify for citizenship as Spouse of British Citizen until 2011.

Bad credit will not affect citizenship application, but bankruptcy certainly will.

One of the requirement to qualify under that category is that you provide your marriage certificate, and the birth Certificate or Passport of your British spouse.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

EFR3
Newly Registered

Post by EFR3 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:35 pm

Obie wrote:You won't qualify for citizenship as Spouse of British Citizen until 2011.

Bad credit will not affect citizenship application, but bankruptcy certainly will.

One of the requirement to qualify under that category is that you provide your marriage certificate, and the birth Certificate or Passport of your British spouse.
thank you for ur reply i am bit confused what is difference between bad credit and bankruptcy and which catogories i have.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:00 pm

Someone is declared brankrupt only by a court order. If you haven't got a court order, or a judge has not pronounced you bankupt, you are not.

A few odd debt doesn't make one bankrupt. It is a legal concept.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

EFR3
Newly Registered

Post by EFR3 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:20 pm

ok thank you i dont think so there was any court orders. someone got my bank detail and use my card in gym online payment so my account went down i told them i didnt used it but they said you have to pay that amount but i refused to pay and they closed my account.

EFR3
Newly Registered

Post by EFR3 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:00 pm

dose anybody know about how to get clearecne lettter for these things like bankrupcy and others criminal things how to get clearnce and from where thanks

difficult_guy

Post by difficult_guy » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:00 am

EFR3 wrote:dose anybody know about how to get clearecne lettter for these things like bankrupcy and others criminal things how to get clearnce and from where thanks

I am not sure about UK laws but in sweden, its only police who could issue the character certificate. you can check with UK police website and write them Email.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:09 pm

If you're applying for British Citizenship, you don't need a police certificate. You are obliged to declare any criminal record on the application form, and they will make a check for a criminal record anyway.

If you require a certificate from the police for some other purpose, go on to the website of your local police force and there should be a link to something like "Your right to information" or "Subject access reports". I need one for an overseas application and applied about a month ago. It takes about 40 days and costs £10. I hope it will arrive in about 10 days fom now.