ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CASH ISA,s

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

positivesolitude

CASH ISA,s

Post by positivesolitude » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:58 pm

I am planning to show the money I have in lloyds TSB cash ISA,s for maintenance funds .Is it acceptable since ISA is an individual savings account.

Thank You

patni
Newly Registered

Post by patni » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:05 am

Yes, as long as they are instant access types (though how they will find that out I dont know).

I have used that, and have been approved.

nksg

Re: CASH ISA,s

Post by nksg » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:03 am

ISA is acceptable for maintenance funds..

positivesolitude wrote:I am planning to show the money I have in lloyds TSB cash ISA,s for maintenance funds .Is it acceptable since ISA is an individual savings account.

Thank You

dahokolomoki
- thin ice -

Post by dahokolomoki » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:37 pm

patni wrote:Yes, as long as they are instant access types (though how they will find that out I dont know).

I have used that, and have been approved.
Just to clarify, it does not need to be instant access. The rules in the guidance booklet states that notice accounts are acceptable too.

What will probably be not acceptable is anything that says "bond" will probably be not acceptable. This might include "saving bonds", even when there is like a notice period to withdraw the funds.
[Edit: Advertising removed by Moderator]

vks

Post by vks » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:05 am

positivesolitude wrote:I am planning to show the money I have in lloyds TSB cash ISA,s for maintenance funds .Is it acceptable since ISA is an individual savings account.

Thank You
Tier1(g) guidance form (page 35) states the following:
199. The evidence of maintenance must be of cash funds in the bank (this includes savings accounts and current accounts even when notice must be given), loan or official financial or government sponsorship available to the applicant. Other accounts or financial instruments such as shares, bonds, pension funds etc, regardless of notice period, are not acceptable.
Regards,
vks

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:14 am

Thank You
Yes. ISA's are accepted.