ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IT Jobs in Finance Domain

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ksankar1982
Newly Registered

IT Jobs in Finance Domain

Post by ksankar1982 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:14 pm

Guys,

I am from an IT industry with telecoms background. After more than 2 months of stay in Uk, i find it difficult to get through any of the finance / banking domain jobs( as we all know that constitutes 90 - 95 % oj IT jobs in UK).

Is there any certification that I can do, so that I can be considered for a finance / banking domain job?.. Will it worth doing one?? .. If so can someone please help me out in finding one.

This is very imp for me, coz right now with the remaining 5 % jobs from other domains, the competition is quiet tough, as those jobs are open even for those persons from finance / banking domain.

Please advice.

visaapplier
Newly Registered
India

Post by visaapplier » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:57 pm

Do CFA.

tech
Member of Standing

Post by tech » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:40 pm

Doing certification won't really help in this down market. You will always lose out some who got banking background. The reason banks always hire people with banking experience not because they are the best technical people but rather they got experience in enviornment and understand culture.

But there are banks who take people from different domain background but mostly happen in good market conditions. when they are not able to find people with banking background with required technical skills.

IF you have niche techincal skills, then you can get in easily even in these market conditions.

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:19 pm

One correction to the initial post so that potential skilled workers planning to move to the UK are not disheartened.

90 to 95% of the IT jobs are NOT only in the Banking/Finance World. This is a completely incorrect perception and there are a lot of roles in Software Services, Healthcare and who can ever leave out the Telecom sector?

Adverts are always placed for all sectors and there may be more Banking / Finance jobs around but there are even more general IT jobs as well so do not get worried.

Once again, this is only a notification for the interest of the general forum

Cheers
KP