ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documentation Clarification

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

amreenmalik

Documentation Clarification

Post by amreenmalik » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:18 pm

Hi,
I am a work permit holder, preparing to apply for ILR with my wife and kid.

i). Could somebody please advice me what sort of documentation do I need to provide for my dependant wife. (But I am the main applicant)

ii). And our marriage was done as per Islamic rites in India which wont have a government marriage certificate other than that given in the mosque. A notary public advocate translated & attested copy of that certificate was used to obtain dependant Entry Clearance for her and the British High Commission in India accepted it. Will that be enough for the Home Office here as well.

iii). And her surname is still the maiden surname used everywhere and she will be applying only on that surname. Only the child's birth certificate has both the surname of mother i.e., after marriage and before marriage. Is it o.k.

Please advice.

pahini

Post by pahini » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:59 pm

[1] passport of ur wife

[2] two passport size photograph for ur wife and child

[3] if u wife is working, than her payslips, letter of employment.

[4] marriage certificate, in ur case add this in ur cover letter stating ur circumstances

[5] bank state atleast 6 months..

[6] u can get ur wife's surname changed from indian high commission in london by paying and endorsing ur wife's passport for marriage surname, its only half a days job to do so....

hope this helps....

amreenmalik

Post by amreenmalik » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:12 am

Thanks for the info Pahini,

I have got a query.
If I change my wife's surname to my surname now, will her visa still be valid as her visa now reads her own surname. Or will I have to inform the home office as well about the surname change and get the name in the visa changed before applying for ILR.

And my wife has already taken the English Language Test and the test result reads her own surname. Can I apply with that or should she have to take a new test with new surname.

Could anybody please advice.