ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application Timeframe

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RealGenuine
Newly Registered

Application Timeframe

Post by RealGenuine » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:31 pm

I just wanted to raise this thread to give an idea of the time frame it took to get my Tier 2 visa. This will give some guidance to others as well as some valuable information.

04/09/2009 - Posted application (Switching from Tier 1 PSW to Tier 2 General)
08/09/2009 - Card payment cleared and acknowledgement letter received (which is dated the 07/09/2009 though)
21/09/2009 - Tier 2 Visa stamped and letter confirming visa renewal was generated
22/09/2009 - Response received from HO by post, with visa along with supporting documents

I have seen many people asking about Maintenance Funds' evidence and what documents to send. Well, because I switched from PSW to Tier 2 and that I have been working for my employer for more than 6 months, I did not have to show any bank statements. So, I only sent my last 12 months payslips together with the last financial year's P60 document. I also provided the letter from my employer (which is crucial).

So, in brief, you do not need to send in bank statements if any one of you are applying through the same route as above.

Also, I noticed that the application form says it only accepts Delta, Maestro and Solo debit cards. However, I paid with my Visa debit card and the payment went fine.

In all, if you have all your documents ready and everything in a concise order, your application will not take long to process, as mine only took about 2 weeks!

Hope this information helps, good luck with everyone applying.

lolfine

Re: Application Timeframe

Post by lolfine » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:40 am

RealGenuine wrote:I just wanted to raise this thread to give an idea of the time frame it took to get my Tier 2 visa. This will give some guidance to others as well as some valuable information.

04/09/2009 - Posted application (Switching from Tier 1 PSW to Tier 2 General)
08/09/2009 - Card payment cleared and acknowledgement letter received (which is dated the 07/09/2009 though)
21/09/2009 - Tier 2 Visa stamped and letter confirming visa renewal was generated
22/09/2009 - Response received from HO by post, with visa along with supporting documents

I have seen many people asking about Maintenance Funds' evidence and what documents to send. Well, because I switched from PSW to Tier 2 and that I have been working for my employer for more than 6 months, I did not have to show any bank statements. So, I only sent my last 12 months payslips together with the last financial year's P60 document. I also provided the letter from my employer (which is crucial).

So, in brief, you do not need to send in bank statements if any one of you are applying through the same route as above.

Also, I noticed that the application form says it only accepts Delta, Maestro and Solo debit cards. However, I paid with my Visa debit card and the payment went fine.

In all, if you have all your documents ready and everything in a concise order, your application will not take long to process, as mine only took about 2 weeks!

Hope this information helps, good luck with everyone applying.
Much congratulation for T2
I am in the same situation you are hope you are the right person to help me.
I am working with the same employer for last 18 months and they are ready to issue me COS my annual Gross salary is 22k Job title Accountant.
Code of practice ACCA Part I Qualified 14k and I am ACCA Part I Qualified my salary is well over the Code of practice about 8k is that ok or HO will enquire about that?
Looking forward for you kind help or any contact no so I can call you for some queries I have.

RealGenuine
Newly Registered

Post by RealGenuine » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:58 pm

Code of practice ACCA Part I Qualified 14k and I am ACCA Part I Qualified my salary is well over the Code of practice about 8k is that ok or HO will enquire about that?
As long as you send evidence in the form of payslips (for the last 12 months), you should be Ok. The letter from your employer will also be important, so pay special care to the information provided on the letter.

lolfine

Post by lolfine » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:50 pm

RealGenuine wrote:
As long as you send evidence in the form of payslips (for the last 12 months), you should be Ok. The letter from your employer will also be important, so pay special care to the information provided on the letter.
Thanks for the Ans what do you mean by ''The letter from your employer''

RealGenuine
Newly Registered

Post by RealGenuine » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:33 am

If you are switching from PSW to Tier 2 (General), then you will need a letter from your employer confirming several things, one of them being that you have been working for your employer for the last 6 months.

You will find more information here:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... g/#header2

You will also find everything you need on that site, please have a read through.

smshad

COS confusion...RealGenuine please advice

Post by smshad » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:18 pm

Hi,

Congrats on your T2 visa. I am currently on Fresh Talent and working for same employer for last 18 months. I have calculated my points using point calculator on Home Office web site and I am getting enough point to apply Tier2. My employer is also register with Home Office to issue Certificate of Sponsor (COS). I have a concern that my employer may not issue me a COS.

I have confusion with regard to COS. When I calculated my points I selected the option that I do not have a COS and then on next steps I claimed points for sponsorship as I am switching from Fresh Talent to Tier2.

I would be grateful to you if you could help with 2 questions I have;

1. Do I still need a COS from my employer even I am switching from Fresh Talent visa, and did you have COS from your employer ?

2. Also what information is required on the letter from employer as you mentioned it is crucial?

Thanks for your assistance.

Kind regards,

RealGenuine
Newly Registered

Re: COS confusion...RealGenuine please advice

Post by RealGenuine » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:40 am

smshad wrote:Do I still need a COS from my employer even I am switching from Fresh Talent visa, and did you have COS from your employer ?
Yes you will need to have a CoS. Your application will be invalid otherwise.
smshad wrote:Also what information is required on the letter from employer as you mentioned it is crucial?
The letter should contain details such as your name, date, your employer's logo and full address and should also confirm your length of employment. This information is also available at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... udyworker/. Please have a read through the Tier 2 (General) section, it will have everything you need in there.

Hope this helps.