ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Status of my sons??

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aakhtar
Newly Registered

Status of my sons??

Post by aakhtar » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:18 am

hi i came to Ireland in 2001 and have applies for stamp 4 and naturalization i have received my status 4 stamp but still waiting on the naturalization. my family joined me here in 2003 both my elder sons were 15 and 17 years old at that time they both received stamp 2 upon arriving here which is a student stamp also given to international students now they are both in college and having to pay international student fees (8000per year) each

what i am wondering is if it is possible to to get their status changed to status 4 as well as they were minors when they came into the state and came here to join their family not as international students?
any reply will be much appreciated

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:06 pm

you can change your children's status from stamp 2 to stamp 4 only when you get naturalised. then they will be considered as dependants of irish national and entitled to stamp 4.

zafarzafar
BANNED

hi

Post by zafarzafar » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:51 am

i think to change the status of ur sons from stamp 2 to stamp 4 would be not an easy thing because my understanding is that ur sons should be below 18 to be ur dependents, once their ages are above 18 they are mature and couldn't be ur dependents.
anyway double check it with immigration people or with a good solicitor.
arsalan

aakhtar
Newly Registered

Re: hi

Post by aakhtar » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:26 am

thanks for the reply gyus
can any of u guys tell of a solicitor who really dose know about immigration beacause i havent been able to find any who deals with the immigration issues like this one.

realgunner

Stamp change

Post by realgunner » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:16 pm

Hi guys, i think you should get your sons to get stamp 3 then they wont be students.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:58 pm

i heard that some schools accept students with stamp 3 (a dependant stamp). but it would depend on the school. however, stamp 3 does not allow working 20 hours as stamp 2 does.
so it depends on 1. what you want; 2. school rules; 3. your immigration officer

realgunner

Post by realgunner » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:07 pm

in some school they never ask for your status but they do ask in colleges...

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:40 am

If they lived in the EU 3 years prior to enrollment in college, and you paid taxes in Ireland for the previous 3 years they are entitled to the EU fees, which is about half the international student fees, however not as good as 'free' fees which require payment of registration fees only. Generally the colleges ask 3 P21's to prove that you paid tax in Ireland for 3 years.

zzz

Post by zzz » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:01 am

8k per year - looks like EU fees already.
you wan't get any lower than that,
even if your son gets an Irish passport while at college - fee paying status can not be changed.