ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VFS in india.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hmm

VFS in india.

Post by hmm » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:29 pm

Has anyone applied for any UK visa in VFS office in Chennai (or in any part of India) recently?
How many days before you e-mailled the office to get the appointment? did you get the day you asked for?
what is the premium service lounge like? is it worth the extra money?
Does it has to be the applicant who e-mail for an appointment or can anyone do it on the applicant's behalf?
It is for my mother in law but I'll like to go with her to submit the application. Accordingto the VFS website only the applicant is allowed inside. Should I ask their permission to enter inside with her when I make the appointment? or make the appointment first then write to them again requesting?
Do they ask any question when submitting the application?

pdykid

Post by pdykid » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:54 pm

We did twice from VFS Chennai.

Appointment:

We mail them very early so we got the requested date and time. It’s always pretty busy out there. Normally you can give three options and add in your mail that any latest appointment will do.

If you need to do urgent submitting, still you can go early and stand in that long Q, which leads to first floor of that building (yes you need stand in staircase as well). I don’t advice this for aged people.

I don’t know about this premium lounge, may be something new to ease the long standing in narrow staircase.

You can mail them for appointment with applicant’s name and passport number, not necessarily the applicant need to mail.

Yes, only applicants allowed inside. The security person outside the building may check the appointment mail and passport. Last time he did not allow my husband with me.

Questions, normally they don’t have any authority to ask.

You prepare the application, letter and supporting documents make them as file.
Take advised visa photos(back ground colour and size), otherwise VFS guys will ask them to take again. As they got photo store inside. This will delay submission.

Mobile phones are not allowed..so you can not advice them thru mobiles. Ask them not to panic, VFS is just agency and they are nothing to do with decision.

Ask them take small bottle of water

VFS have lot of money making services… some are not necessary.

hmm

Post by hmm » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:23 am

Thanks for your reply. very useful

navbulls

Re: VFS in india.

Post by navbulls » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:36 pm

hmm wrote:Has anyone applied for any UK visa in VFS office in Chennai (or in any part of India) recently?
How many days before you e-mailled the office to get the appointment? did you get the day you asked for?
what is the premium service lounge like? is it worth the extra money?
Does it has to be the applicant who e-mail for an appointment or can anyone do it on the applicant's behalf?
It is for my mother in law but I'll like to go with her to submit the application. Accordingto the VFS website only the applicant is allowed inside. Should I ask their permission to enter inside with her when I make the appointment? or make the appointment first then write to them again requesting?
Do they ask any question when submitting the application?
Hi!

If you want quick processing of your application go for premium service, an dedicated advisor will check your documents and would take your Biometrics... I was at VFS New Delhi, they took 15 mins to complete all process and application was submitted. I took appointment via phone and submitted application the very same day.

Best of Luck
Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting...