ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Would I get an ILR if I apply? Urgent - please help.....

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vjm
Newly Registered

Would I get an ILR if I apply? Urgent - please help.....

Post by vjm » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:42 pm

Hi there
I am on a work permit and complete my 5 years shortly. I have been outside UK when I was pregnant (for 11 months) - during this period I continued to work for my current employer for 5 months from abroad and for 6 months I was on stat maternity leave receiving SMP
Is there any chance of my ILR application being successful? Would it help if I go via a solicitor to present my application
I have all the docs for the last 5 years. Would it help if I did a postal application so that my case is reviewed in detail?
Pls advise urgently
Thanks

ash20

Re: Would I get an ILR if I apply? Urgent - please help.....

Post by ash20 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:42 pm

vjm wrote:Hi there
I am on a work permit and complete my 5 years shortly. I have been outside UK when I was pregnant (for 11 months) - during this period I continued to work for my current employer for 5 months from abroad and for 6 months I was on stat maternity leave receiving SMP
Is there any chance of my ILR application being successful? Would it help if I go via a solicitor to present my application
I have all the docs for the last 5 years. Would it help if I did a postal application so that my case is reviewed in detail?
Pls advise urgently
Thanks
As long as you have P60 and pay slips for that year . Also employer willing to give letter u were working abroad for them. It should be ok. Regarding maternity leave you can also get letter from you GP that you were pregenant during that period. If you have all the letters and docs u can go in person also. Solicitor will probably do tell u the same. Perhaps Senior members might add to this. I think you should be ok

vjm
Newly Registered

Post by vjm » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:06 am

Hi Ash
Thankyou so much, thats a relief
If I need to ensure any other aspects as well - pls let me know.
Thanks and Regards
Vjm

hert

Post by hert » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:40 pm

Hi vjm,
One of the criterion for ILR is 'duration of absence from UK' and you would need to fill in those dates of absence in the appl form. Your absence fr UK is for substantial period, however, you would need to clarify the grounds for that in a letter or end of form (for additiona info section).
Did you have any other absence in the last 5 years? If yes, for how long?

vjm
Newly Registered

Post by vjm » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:05 pm

Hi Hert
Thanks for the note below. Yes I had small periods of leave, other than the 11 months in the last 5 years -

28 days in 2005
50 days in 2008

I am quite worried too that my application would be rejected due to the 11 months. I've cancelled all my holiday plans this year due to the same.
Are there any specific details you suggest I include in the additional info, to make my application stronger. Pls recommend
Thanks
Vjm

Hi vjm,
One of the criterion for ILR is 'duration of absence from UK' and you would need to fill in those dates of absence in the appl form. Your absence fr UK is for substantial period, however, you would need to clarify the grounds for that in a letter or end of form (for additiona info section).
Did you have any other absence in the last 5 years? If yes, for how long?

vjm
Newly Registered

Post by vjm » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:21 am

Of the 50 days in 2008, I was working from abroad for 45 days..So only 5 days were holidays.
Hert - can you pls advise if this causes any further issues
Any advice from any of the Senior members would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

vjm
Newly Registered

Post by vjm » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:56 am

Can you pls advise if you foresee any issues
Thanks
Vjm

vjm
Newly Registered

5 years criteria

Post by vjm » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:43 am

Hi all
Is the 5 years period for ILR counted from the date of actual entry to UK or the Visa Validity start date stamped on the WP. I came to UK 20 days after the stamping; hence would like to confirm when is the earliest I can apply?
Thanks in advance

taliska

Post by taliska » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:51 am

On the form always asks date of first arrival in the UK, so therefor you need to count from that time onwards