ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Attesting of payslip

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nm
Member of Standing

Attesting of payslip

Post by nm » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:00 pm

Hi

I requested my employer for attesting my payslip and they done it. But am not sure whether it'll acceptable by HO..? Reason behind is that in the salary slip they attested in the below way.

I certify that this is the true copy of the originar salary slip followed by Name,Signature,Date, Contact number. It does not have any company stamp on that and just a plain statement printed on my salary slip.

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Re: Attesting of payslip

Post by cheshiregoan » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:04 pm

nm wrote:Hi

I requested my employer for attesting my payslip and they done it. But am not sure whether it'll acceptable by HO..? Reason behind is that in the salary slip they attested in the below way.

I certify that this is the true copy of the originar salary slip followed by Name,Signature,Date, Contact number. It does not have any company stamp on that and just a plain statement printed on my salary slip.
Is it a proper payslip?

i.e. does it look something like the following:

If it does then even the attesting is not needed.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:17 pm

Hi

Thanks for your quick info, my salary slip was looks as same you posted. Earlier i used to receive it in post and for the past 3 months its changed to online statement. My online statement looks like what you posted and its a PDF file. Now my HR people taken the printout and certified as i mentioned on my previous post. So will it ok to proceed ? My 9 months statement are perfect as its hard copy and concern only about the remaining 3.

tcpip_helper

Post by tcpip_helper » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:21 pm

cheshiregoan, why a proper payslip does not require attestation? the payslip sample you showed is very easy to print at home. so why not attestation.

also what is the difference b/w a proper payslip and original payslip?

thanks

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:22 pm

nabeel_sheraz wrote:cheshiregoan, why a proper payslip does not require attestation? the payslip sample you showed is very easy to print at home. so why not attestation.

thanks
When I say proper, I mean the original payslip issued by the company to you in the payslip format.

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Post by cheshiregoan » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:25 pm

nm wrote:Hi

Thanks for your quick info, my salary slip was looks as same you posted. Earlier i used to receive it in post and for the past 3 months its changed to online statement. My online statement looks like what you posted and its a PDF file. Now my HR people taken the printout and certified as i mentioned on my previous post. So will it ok to proceed ? My 9 months statement are perfect as its hard copy and concern only about the remaining 3.
I'm not sure about this, normally I would say to get it stamped but people out here can be quite funny about small things.

I would personally advise that you ask them for one letter on their official letterhead confirming the validity of the payslips.

Alternatively, as I have certainly mentioned before, just ask your Payroll department for a letter summarising your Gross and Net Pay for the 12 months in question on the company letterhead.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:28 pm

I receive my pay slip via post but on the plain paper. I just got them attested by account yesterday (as I am applying on monday).

She wrote me a letter on company headed paper saying that they are original and also initial'ed all 12 pay slips and a direct contact number in case HO wants to confirm authenticity.

My other job, I get standard pay slips so they didn't need attesting but I have got my employer to sign and stamp those one on the back side just to be on safe side

tcpip_helper

Post by tcpip_helper » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:01 pm

cheshiregoan wrote:
nabeel_sheraz wrote:cheshiregoan, why a proper payslip does not require attestation? the payslip sample you showed is very easy to print at home. so why not attestation.

thanks
When I say proper, I mean the original payslip issued by the company to you in the payslip format.
so what is an online payslip? i am sorry i havent seen any

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:50 pm

An online payslip is that which you recieve by email. You have to print it out, and then ask your employer to sign and stamp that printout. If you receive payslip by post then those are original. Also in application you are going to provide the address/cotnact information of employer/s, so HO will contact them if they have reasonable doubts.
nabeel_sheraz wrote:
cheshiregoan wrote:

thanks

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:15 am

a doubt, my pay slips are all signed by accounts and letter provided but not stamped. will it be an issue.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:39 am

As per guidance, they require signed and stamped by employer. So you should not be giving them a chance to reject your application because of absence of stamp.

Quote from guidance:
Payslips which are not on headed paper or the applicant receives all pay slips online, he/she must authenticate the evidence by asking the employer to sign and stamp a printout.

Hope that helps!!
innocentdevil wrote:a doubt, my pay slips are all signed by accounts and letter provided but not stamped. will it be an issue.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:02 am

mvent00 wrote:As per guidance, they require signed and stamped by employer. So you should not be giving them a chance to reject your application because of absence of stamp.

Quote from guidance:
Payslips which are not on headed paper or the applicant receives all pay slips online, he/she must authenticate the evidence by asking the employer to sign and stamp a printout.

Hope that helps!!
innocentdevil wrote:a doubt, my pay slips are all signed by accounts and letter provided but not stamped. will it be an issue.
fair enough. But i have just had a long conversation with my boss and accounts, they DON'T have a stamp anyway but they say it shouldn't be an issue because there is a letter from the boss with his direct contact number and pay slips signed by him. if they really think the pay slips are not genuine, it takes less than a minute to ring and verify them.

Boss says he would have stamped them but unfortunately, we don't have a company stamp :roll:

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:13 am

In that case, my company also dont have stamp.. :o ?

tcpip_helper

Post by tcpip_helper » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:01 am

I am getting confused now, i received payslip by email which I print off but it has all the contents of a proper payslips just like cheshiregoan showed earlier, it look every bit a proper payslip the only hicup is i received it as pdf and print off on a plain paper.

so would my payslip consider on-line or original? thanks and sorry that i m keep asking
mvent00 wrote:An online payslip is that which you recieve by email. You have to print it out, and then ask your employer to sign and stamp that printout. If you receive payslip by post then those are original. Also in application you are going to provide the address/cotnact information of employer/s, so HO will contact them if they have reasonable doubts.
nabeel_sheraz wrote:
cheshiregoan wrote:

thanks

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:05 am

nabeel_sheraz wrote:I am getting confused now, i received payslip by email which I print off but it has all the contents of a proper payslips just like cheshiregoan showed earlier, it look every bit a proper payslip the only hicup is i received it as pdf and print off on a plain paper.

so would my payslip consider on-line or original? thanks and sorry that i m keep asking
mvent00 wrote:An online payslip is that which you recieve by email. You have to print it out, and then ask your employer to sign and stamp that printout. If you receive payslip by post then those are original. Also in application you are going to provide the address/cotnact information of employer/s, so HO will contact them if they have reasonable doubts.
nabeel_sheraz wrote:
cheshiregoan wrote:

if it is a print off by yourself then get a letter from employer on company headed paper and get them signed. you should be fine

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:22 am

innocentdevil wrote:
nabeel_sheraz wrote:I am getting confused now, i received payslip by email which I print off but it has all the contents of a proper payslips just like cheshiregoan showed earlier, it look every bit a proper payslip the only hicup is i received it as pdf and print off on a plain paper.

nabeel_sheraz wrote:

if it is a print off by yourself then get a letter from employer on company headed paper and get them signed. you should be fine

Letter from the applicant’s (previous and/or present) employer(s) would be another option if you have doubts about payslips. And as per guidance this letter does not require a stamp from employer.

tcpip_helper

Post by tcpip_helper » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:27 am

innocentdevil wrote:

nabeel_sheraz wrote:

thanks for your clarification but my other query is that my other employer gives me payslip which are not on plain paper instead they are on proper payslip stationary, my question is that i've seen that payslip stationary available for sale in market and any body can print off those kind of payslips at home, are these considered original payslip, when my accountant gives me those payslip they are not sealed by any means.

thanks

tcpip_helper

Post by tcpip_helper » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:34 am

can someone be kind enough to post a sample latter which i require from my employer regarding my salary details on my email nabeel_sheraz@yahoo.com.

thanks

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:35 am

nabeel_sheraz wrote:
innocentdevil wrote:

thanks for your clarification but my other query is that my other employer gives me payslip which are not on plain paper instead they are on proper payslip stationary, my question is that i've seen that payslip stationary available for sale in market and any body can print off those kind of payslips at home, are these considered original payslip, when my accountant gives me those payslip they are not sealed by any means.

thanks
the second job I do, I get exactly the same payslips which you mentioned. I have got a letter from my second employer about authenticity of payslips and have the employer to endorse them and sign them on the back side just to be on safe side. and I will mention about this on covering letter.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:39 am

That is why HO require to sign and stamped these by employer, to authenticate these. And then you would be providing your employer's contact details in the application form, so if HO any reasonable doubts they would confirm it with your employer/s.

nabeel_sheraz wrote:
innocentdevil wrote:

thanks

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:43 am

It would be better if you prepare according to the following guide lines and post here without your personal details, so members can have a look give the advice about its contents, it should be simple and straightforward:

Quote from guidance:
Letter from the applicant’s (previous and/or present) employer(s) (or in the case of winnings, the relevant awarding body) confirming that he/she has received the exact amount claimed. This is a letter on company headed paper which clearly shows the applicant’s earnings during period claimed, and the date and amount of each payment. This letter should be dated after the period for which earnings are being claimed and should clearly show the applicant’s gross and net pay.â€

namastelondon

Post by namastelondon » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:25 pm

hi
I receive my payslips by company PA. It is in the same format as cheshiregoan mentioned. It is original but not on company letterhead.
I did not felt to attest it as it was original.
I used the same payslips while applying dependent visa for my wife and they worked .
So i send it in same format without company stamp.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:02 pm

It is all about not giving them a chance to decide against your application. Rest depends on luck, and of course on the case worker.
namastelondon wrote:hi
I receive my payslips by company PA. It is in the same format as cheshiregoan mentioned. It is original but not on company letterhead.
I did not felt to attest it as it was original.
I used the same payslips while applying dependent visa for my wife and they worked .
So i send it in same format without company stamp.

tcpip_helper

Post by tcpip_helper » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:17 am

i'll prepare a letter today and post it here soon so that you top guys can examine it with your expert eye.

tcpip_helper

earning proof letter

Post by tcpip_helper » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:59 pm

experts please check my earning proof letter from my employer, any corrections are welcome

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4th September 2009

Home Office
UK Border Agency
Managed Migration
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

Employee: xxxxx
Passport Number: xxxxxxx
Nationality: xxxxxxxx
Date of Birth: xxxxxxxx

Dear Sir/Madam,

RE: Application for Tier 1 General, Highly Skilled Workers.

I confirm that above named person has been employed as an IT Manager by Abc Company since 17 July 2007. From October 2008 to September 2009 he earned a gross sum of £xxxxx and his net pay for this period is £ xxxxxx as stated on his 12 months payslips.

I trust this is sufficient for your purposes, should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.

Yours faithfully

Mr xxxxx
Financial Controller
ABC Company
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------