ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

enquiry on applying for ILR ???

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

wp_to_tier1_168

enquiry on applying for ILR ???

Post by wp_to_tier1_168 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:27 pm

Hello All,

I'm about to apply for ILR based on 4yrs and 8 months of workpermit, plus 7 months of Tier1 (present). My appointment is at Croydon PEO on 2/11. The reason I decided to delay my application from July to November is that I was made redundant at the end of March 2009 and got a new job in July. I had 3 months of umemployment gap. To safely satisfy economically active requirement, I have had to wait for 3 months with the current job. Sorry, a bit complicated. :( To be well prepared for the application ahead, could someone help me clarify some of my concerns:

1. I just have P45 for 2008-2009 rather than P60 since I was umemployed in April. Is the P45 also OK to show my earning and taxation in 2008?

2. Actually the current job is contracting thru an umbrella company. Is my employment status still regarded as permanent? I can ask the umbrella company to issue me an employment letter.

3. Do I need to let the case worker know that I have been umemployed for three months or unless he/she asks? Nevertheless, I can show him/her lastest three months payslips.

Thanks very much in advance for your help.

All the best

MrNorthStar

Post by MrNorthStar » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:27 pm

Hi,

1. If you were made redundant in Mar 09, depending on your last working day including your notice period was after 05 Apr 09, the old company should provide you with a P60.

2. I know a friend was made redundant in Dec 08 and last working day was 23 Feb 09, still he got a P60 from that company in Apr 09.

3. You want to go back to the company and ask for a statement of earnings for the year 2008-09. They should be able to provide you with one.

4. If you are contracting, that is not classed as permanent job. Get a letter from the unmbrella company about your employment. No need to worry about permanent job, contracting is good enough.

5. No need to mention the complications unless asked for clarification by the case worker.

Hope this helps.

All the best with your application.