ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Earnings Proof and Date in the bank statement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

alladin

Earnings Proof and Date in the bank statement

Post by alladin » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:05 pm

Hello All,

I am applying for extension shortly and would like to get some help on the earnings proof.

I have the 12 month payslips and the original bank statements for the whole period. Since the pay slips are in a small piece of paper, although with the company name and all details, I have asked the employer to issue me a letter about the earnings for each month.

In this letter, the payment date is mentioned as 28th of every month. But when 28th comes on a holiday, the salary payment is done on the last working day before this and the bank statement shows this.
For example, during last Dec, 24th was the last working day of the month and the payment was credited to the bank on this day. But the letter issued has payment date as Dec,28th. Same case when 28th comes on a weekend.

Since my contract has ended, the issuing of a new letter from HR is bit tough.

Will this be ok, or rather will the case worker make an issue of this.

Any suggestions please

thanks,
alladin

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Re: Earnings Proof and Date in the bank statement

Post by cheshiregoan » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:38 pm

alladin wrote:Hello All,

I am applying for extension shortly and would like to get some help on the earnings proof.

I have the 12 month payslips and the original bank statements for the whole period. Since the pay slips are in a small piece of paper, although with the company name and all details, I have asked the employer to issue me a letter about the earnings for each month.

In this letter, the payment date is mentioned as 28th of every month. But when 28th comes on a holiday, the salary payment is done on the last working day before this and the bank statement shows this.
For example, during last Dec, 24th was the last working day of the month and the payment was credited to the bank on this day. But the letter issued has payment date as Dec,28th. Same case when 28th comes on a weekend.

Any suggestions please

thanks,
alladin
It is acceptable because bank statements show the entry on the day the funds are cleared and not the day they are deposited.

So if the payroll sends the instruction to the bank at 4.59pm on Friday to do the BACS transfer, it will not physically clear till Monday. This is quite a routine process.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:21 pm

It's fine and acceptable. Many companies process payroll mid of the month but deposit money only in month-end. That is absolutely fine. I used the same where date on my paylsips was 6th of every month where salary deposited in bank on last working day of the month. As long as amount matches its fine

Any suggestions please

thanks,
alladin

alladin

Post by alladin » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:55 pm

chetanojha wrote:It's fine and acceptable. Many companies process payroll mid of the month but deposit money only in month-end. That is absolutely fine. I used the same where date on my paylsips was 6th of every month where salary deposited in bank on last working day of the month. As long as amount matches its fine

Any suggestions please

thanks,
alladin
Thanks for the reply guys, I have anyways asked hr to issue me an updated letter with the dates corresponding to the day when the bank was credited with the amount, just to be on the safer side.

cheers,
alladin

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:06 pm

as per guidance above, sounds perfect. as long as the net amount of slip corresponds to amount on bank statements, you'll be cooking on gas.