ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

application not accepted when applying in person

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

xiaowei

application not accepted when applying in person

Post by xiaowei » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:40 pm

Hi all

thanks for all the information. Here is my another query.
I am applying for ILR in person. I started my work permit Visa in October 2004. However, I lost my passport in 2005. Then I re-applied the Visa in May 2005. So the Visa on the passport now shows valid from May 2005.

I have been told that my case cannot be dealt with on the same day and I have to do postal application. Is that true? Has anyone had the similiar experience?

Thanks for sharing.

legend786

Post by legend786 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:02 pm

If you applying on 10 years basis then you have to apply by post as there isn't any in person service exist for long residency applications
You should double check with HO about your duration while your passport was lost in 2005 then you got your new visa stamped on your passport by HO
Good Luck!

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:44 pm

See What types of application can you make?
Our public enquiry offices cannot consider your application if you are:

applying for permanent residence on the basis of 10 or 14 years' residence;
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.