ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how UK border agency verify the masters degree is original ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

earthangel
Newly Registered

how UK border agency verify the masters degree is original ?

Post by earthangel » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:43 am

Hi

One question came in my mind, just out of curiosity, how does UKBA determine masters degree is fake or not ? Suppose a chap makes a fake degree (just looking like original) of some university which is in list and gives them as proof ?

How do they verify that ? Do they call the college or sent some mail asking them about roll no , name of student etc ?

Please enlighten

Thanks
EA

myegin11

Post by myegin11 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:59 am

Well, this is a dangerous question. Here is what I think would happen.

One could forge any document at the end of the day. If the case worker suspects that the certificate is a fake one, they can call the institution to verify the degree award. I guess depending on how suspicious they are, if this can not be verified by call, they can hold processing the application and try to get verification in written format.

If somehow they figure out it is a fake one, certainly the application gets refused and the applicant may be banned to enter the UK for up to 10 years (as far as I know) and may have further convictions depending on the case.

Therefore, don't commit forgery and prevent others who intends to do so.

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:00 pm

There is a tv show called UK Border Force which follows immigration officers , it gives insight into the checks they do etc .

If stopped on a suspect fake document they will call the college and check with them to see if it is real and if the person attended the college .
Therefore, don't commit forgery and prevent others who intends to do so.
That is good advice 8)

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:12 pm

i think thats what genuine peeps like us TWATS in front of UKBA. they count us among all those who forge the documents which is ridiculous.

people like them should be caught and fined :x

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:35 pm

innocentdevil wrote:i think thats what genuine peeps like us TWATS in front of UKBA. they count us among all those who forge the documents which is ridiculous.

people like them should be caught and fined :x
Unfortunately innocent people get caught up, just like UK citizens get caught up by the fake applicants if they want to bring their partners over etc. The sooner that a rule is implemented saying that all non-EU nationals have to study at a university only the better in my opinion.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:53 pm

even on fake documents applct got visa which will be null and void whenever came in light that particular document was fake and there is no time limit for this , even applict get britis passport this rule applies and applicant is faceing charges of forgery

Blackwater1

Post by Blackwater1 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:02 pm

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:32 pm

its no good :evil:

earthangel
Newly Registered

Post by earthangel » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:36 pm

ok ok guys..... got the point ..keep ur cool :P
I was just inquistive and not trying to forge some doc :lol:

Cheers
EA

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:29 pm

earthangel wrote:ok ok guys..... got the point ..keep ur cool :P
I was just inquistive and not trying to forge some doc :lol:

Cheers
EA
Any particular reason for that inquisitiveness?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

elizajohn12
Newly Registered

Post by elizajohn12 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:54 am

Hi,
I am John and here is what I think would happen.One could forge any document at the end of the day. If the case worker suspects that the certificate is a fake one, they can call the institution to verify the degree award. I guess depending on how suspicious they are, if this can not be verified by call, they can hold processing the application and try to get verification in written format. So yes, they can call the college or sent some mail asking them about roll no , name of student etc for verification.