ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does Jobseeker's allowance affect applying British citizensh

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JJ09
Newly Registered

Does Jobseeker's allowance affect applying British citizensh

Post by JJ09 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:42 am

Hello,

I appreciate if any of you could help on my urgent question.

I am PR holder(Chinese nationality). I was just made redundant and would like to apply Job Seeker's allowance(I have been continuously working in last 5 years). Does jobseeker's allowance affect me when I apply British Citizenship next Feb.?

Many thanks for your help!

JJ09

JJ09
Newly Registered

Urgent: Anyone can help?

Post by JJ09 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:28 pm

Can anyone help on my question? Many thanks!!!

taliska

Post by taliska » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:45 pm

it shouldn't do as if you have ILR then you can access these benefits but it would be good to have a job when you apply

JJ09
Newly Registered

Thanks for your reply!

Post by JJ09 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:12 am

Many thanks for your kind and quick reply.

I am actively looking for jobs now. What shall I fill in 'Good Character Requirement' section about employer information if I am still unemployed at that time. They only have four options as in 'An employee, A business partner, Self-employed, A director'.

Thanks again!

royh

Re: Does Jobseeker's allowance affect applying British citiz

Post by royh » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:17 am

They can't refuse you if you have ILR for taking benefits.

In an ironic twist, not being on benefits whilst also not having a job is actually worse! As being on benefits provides a bulletproof proof of residence. Trying to take the higher moral ground and not trying to be a "leech" as society/media preaches, but still trying to get a job does you no favors in the current system.

"This six month gap. . . What have you been doing."

"erm duh nuthin."

*raises suspicious eyebrow. "So no proof of residence, so you where out of the country. Case closed." :wink:

There are circumstances which ppl can be put in that predicament especially if they don't have to pay council tax and so on.

Amber
Mood:

Re: Does Jobseeker's allowance affect applying British citiz

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:57 pm

There is no requirement to be employed for nationality applications and claiming benefits you are entitled to is also fine.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.