ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA 4 Applications - Processing Timeframe

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Doe2000
Newly Registered

EEA 4 Applications - Processing Timeframe

Post by Doe2000 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:44 am

Hi everyone, I submitted my EEA 4 in June and received my COA 2 days later. However, I still haven't got the decision, but when I called them they said they haven't assigned me a caseworker. I have read here how some people contacted their MPs and wrote a series of letter to HO b4 getting their decisions, but could not locate where I read this here anymore. I know and indeed read somewhere on UKBA website that the official length is 6 month for processing applications under EU rules, again I couldn't find this. Hence, I'm here to seek people's help.

Can anyone tell me the the timeframe for processing EEA 4 Applications, what does the rule say about this and where can we find it on the UKBA or EU websites? Lastly, what are your experiences so far in this?

Richir2909
Newly Registered

Post by Richir2909 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:21 pm

It takes about 6 months. I applied in March and I got letter to confirm receipt in May. But only just got a letter this week asking for more documentation.

I think he waiting times are getting better now but their effectiveness is still lacking!!!

Doe2000
Newly Registered

Post by Doe2000 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:18 am

Thank you Richir2909, I got my acknowledgement 2 days after I had submitted, but got a letter this week just like you requesting for 2 documents. I have sent the one I could get except the second one which is the evidence that my ex-wife was exercising her rights here prior to the divorce. They are being stupid really because there's no way I could get anything from my ex, we have finished and the relationship has ended. However, there's evidence in the documents that i previously sent to support this. I have written a letter drawing their attention to this, so let's wait and see. I'll keep you posted.

Richir2909
Newly Registered

Post by Richir2909 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:01 am

They are asking me for Comprehensive Medical Insurance to show that my partner has been self-sufficient i.e. which is the way she has exercised her treaty rights whilst she was not working.

We never took out this insurance as we never knew about it so i'm still trying to decide what to say when I contact them, as they would probably say that ignorance is no excuse.

Regarding what you've said, I agree. You would not get much from your ex. What planet do people from the HO come from?

I'll keep you posted as well.

Doe2000
Newly Registered

Refused but granted by the court of appeal

Post by Doe2000 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:01 pm

Hello Richir2909, i thought i should let you know the outcome of my application. They sent a letter to me in december to supply additional documents - (1) evidence that my ex wife was exercising treaty right b4 our divorce (2) evidence dt we both lived together for at least 1 year before divorce. I gave the 2nd one when i first applied but they didnt look at it, but I sent additional document. I didnt send any document dt she's exercising right in d uk b4 divorce as she didnt give a letter from her work place. So i got a decision in February dt they have refused me and I should leave the country, but gave me the chance to appeal, which i did. I told my ex-wife and she finally gave me all the necessary documents. The Home Office representative didnt come to the court, so it was me and my lawyer and the judge. I made my case and and after a week i received a letter dt my appeal was successful. I'm now waiting for the HO to send back my passport with a stamp in it. How afr abt your application, any news so far? I think I know a lot abt the whole thing now and i can give people constructive advice. I'm even thinking of being an immigration lawyer, i only need a year programme and a professional course for another year as I have a PhD already. Let me read from you. god luck.

troubled

Post by troubled » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:21 pm

Congratulation for winning your appeal.Mine is due on 14th April,2010 and I wish HO representing offfer fails to attend the hearing like yours.Anyway I got the document they were asking for thus valid passport or ID of my wife which I have now. Continue to share your knowledge with the rest of us.How long are they going to hold on to your passport? They should issue your passport immediately with the PR stamp.Let us know when you receive your passport

mego_1980

Re: Refused but granted by the court of appeal

Post by mego_1980 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:00 pm

Doe2000 wrote:Hello Richir2909, i thought i should let you know the outcome of my application. They sent a letter to me in december to supply additional documents - (1) evidence that my ex wife was exercising treaty right b4 our divorce (2) evidence dt we both lived together for at least 1 year before divorce. I gave the 2nd one when i first applied but they didnt look at it, but I sent additional document. I didnt send any document dt she's exercising right in d uk b4 divorce as she didnt give a letter from her work place. So i got a decision in February dt they have refused me and I should leave the country, but gave me the chance to appeal, which i did. I told my ex-wife and she finally gave me all the necessary documents. The Home Office representative didnt come to the court, so it was me and my lawyer and the judge. I made my case and and after a week i received a letter dt my appeal was successful. I'm now waiting for the HO to send back my passport with a stamp in it. How afr abt your application, any news so far? I think I know a lot abt the whole thing now and i can give people constructive advice. I'm even thinking of being an immigration lawyer, i only need a year programme and a professional course for another year as I have a PhD already. Let me read from you. god luck.
Hi Doe2000,
When did you apply for the application?and when did they ask for more documents? did you apply using eea4 or just cover letter ?

Thanks

mego

Doe2000
Newly Registered

Post by Doe2000 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:00 am

Hi Mego - I applied 6 months before the end of my 5 years because it takes abt 6 month for tem to reply. So i thought that by the time they relpy i'd have completed my 5 years period. They ask for more documents excatly after 6 months. I think i know how things work now in HO especially regarding those who are married to EEA nationals. Let me know if you need more information. Good luck everybody.

yusfaith

Re: EEA 4 Applications - Processing Timeframe

Post by yusfaith » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:45 pm

Doe2000 wrote:Hi everyone, I submitted my EEA 4 in June and received my COA 2 days later. However, I still haven't got the decision, but when I called them they said they haven't assigned me a caseworker. I have read here how some people contacted their MPs and wrote a series of letter to HO b4 getting their decisions, but could not locate where I read this here anymore. I know and indeed read somewhere on UKBA website that the official length is 6 month for processing applications under EU rules, again I couldn't find this. Hence, I'm here to seek people's help.

Can anyone tell me the the timeframe for processing EEA 4 Applications, what does the rule say about this and where can we find it on the UKBA or EU websites? Lastly, what are your experiences so far in this?
Congratulations Doe2000, when you received your COA, does it have home office ref NO and Case NO on the letter. and does the case no means the application has been assigned to a case worker?

mego_1980

Post by mego_1980 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:01 pm

troubled wrote:Mine is due on 14th April,2010
Hi troubled,

what is happened with your appeal?

mego

troubled

Post by troubled » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:19 pm

My appeal has been postponed to june because HO could not file and submit their bundle.It is shame that I provided mine to them and the court but they failed to do their part but asked for adjournment.I will update you the outcome

thsths

Post by thsths » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:49 am

troubled wrote:My appeal has been postponed to june because HO could not file and submit their bundle.It is shame that I provided mine to them and the court but they failed to do their part but asked for adjournment.I will update you the outcome
Personally I think the court should not have granted an adjournment, as being late seems to be the rule rather than the exception for the UKBA. Are you being represented? If so, you can ask whether there is a way to overturn the adjournment.

troubled

Post by troubled » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:35 am

Thanks for your contribution.Yes I have a solicitor ,he told me that any party can apply for adjournment as it is part of regulations.It is difficult for me now to wait for such a long period.HO are playing with our lives, it looks as if they bend the rules where it favours them.What do you think the situation would have been if i could not provide my bundles?Even the deadline to file your appeal is just 10 working days ,failure to do so has serious ramifications.I leave everything in the hands of God.

gusola
Newly Registered

Post by gusola » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:23 am

Hi guys, your cases sound pretty much like mine, I was married to an EEA, divorced after 3yrs, 1 yr living together in UK, got EEA Family permit at the UK embassy in 2005 then extended by HO until 2011, but havent heard or seen from her since 2007 actually don't even know where she is at present, sent my ppwrk to HO with EEA4 form back in Feb'10 together with a letter explaining that I didnt have any docs to support her stay for that year or a clue as to where she is as one day she left the house and that was the end of that, next time I knew of her was to sign for the divorce (she took care of everything as she was with another man!), got COA in March with a case number and a ref number, but havent heard from them ever since, I'm panicking at the moment as I think this is gonna go very wrong for some reason and I will be asked to leave the country because I can't provide evidence of her stay back in 2005-2006, I have been in the same job since I arrived in '05 (with two promotions) and got a degree from a UK university during this time, what do you guys think??? The last thing in my mind is to go back to where I come from and pennyless as all I've earned during this time has gone on education and gen living...just the thought of going back makes me feel sick...you guys have no idea how rough it is over there...thank you

noodles

Post by noodles » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:53 pm

Hi Doe2000, have you received your PR since the judge ruled the case to your favour yet?

troubled

Post by troubled » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:20 am

Yes