ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can you appeal to ECM and AIT

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

qaz786
Newly Registered

Can you appeal to ECM and AIT

Post by qaz786 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:39 pm

Hi

Just wanted to know can you lodge appeal app for settlement visa at both the AIT and British High Commission where the app was refused.

I sent fax to AIT of appeal form and all documents.

But i heard its quicker and better to send to BHC where app was refused, so Entry Clearance Manager can review.

Please can anyone advise? Would it cause a problem.

RM786

Post by RM786 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:10 am

hi, where did you originally apply from. I applied from Pakistan and i sent my appeal to BHC 4 months ago. After contacting my MP they have told him that my appeal has now been prepared and will be placed infront of an EMC for a review. i dont think you can appeal to AIT and BHC at once.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:19 am

You should send the appeal notice to either the BHC post where you applied or to the AIT in UK.

You do not send it to both.

Its preferable to send it to the Post if you can get it there in within the time limit ( 28 days). Its likely to be dealt with a bit quicker ( ECM reviewing it)

If you cant get it there in time , then send it to AIT in UK. ( who will in turn send it to teh post for the ECM to review it).

Remember AIT do not make the decision, its the ECM at the BHC post who has the final say, unless it goes to a full hearing at AIT where the Adjudicator makes the arbitary decision

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:18 pm

imho I would say it would be better to send it to the AIT as sending it to the BHC would not be successful unless you provide further documentation for the ECM to review

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:29 am

imho I would say it would be better to send it to the AIT as sending it to the BHC would not be successful unless you provide further documentation for the ECM to review
I think you will find that AIT will send the Appeal Notice to the BHC irrespective of whether you attach additional docs or not with it.

This unfortunately goes via the HO internal post ( which takes 6 weeks).

Cutting this bit out ( by sending direct to the BHC) will save you this time