ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got my visa today

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shail_v
Newly Registered

Got my visa today

Post by shail_v » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:36 pm

Hi!
Thanks to all members here! I did not post any message earlier as I got all the information needed by going through previous posts :).
I got my Tier 1 General visa today.
Applied on Dec 1 at Delhi VFS, got SMS on same day.
On December 11 I received SMS that visa application has been processed.I went to VFS office today and collected my documents.

However there is one problem. I requested travel date as 25 Feb 2009 (in my form), but they have given visa date as 10 Dec 2009.
The VFS guys told me to visit British HC in Delhi and get it corrected.
However I am not sure if I should do this or not? Any suggestions?
I have seen threads on this but the answers are confusing, so I am not sure if I should accept this date or not.
Thanks once again.
-Shailesh
Last edited by shail_v on Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

email257525
BANNED

Hi

Post by email257525 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:43 pm

congratulations,,,,,

ChetanOjha

Re: Got my visa today

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:29 pm

shail_v wrote:Hi!
Thanks to all members here! I did not post any message earlier as I got all the information needed by going through previous posts :).
On December 11 I received SMS that visa application has been processed.I went to VFS office today and collected my documents.

However there is one problem. I requested travel date as 25 Feb 2009 (in my form), but they have given visa date as 10 Dec 2009.
I have seen threads on this but the answers are confusing, so I am not sure if I should accept this date or not.
Thanks once again.
-Shailesh
If you want to correct this date you can do that. If you intend to travel only in Feb 2010 than why wasting almost 3 months of your visa? It's upto you.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Got my visa today

Post by mvent00 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:14 pm

Congratulations, agree with Chetan, you should correct it if you do not wish to travel before 25th Feb. You can ask for postdated visa upto three months from the date of your visa application. It would be free of charge. http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... nt#3885854
chetanojha wrote:

Thanks once again.
-Shailesh
If you want to correct this date you can do that. If you intend to travel only in Feb 2010 than why wasting almost 3 months of your visa? It's upto you.

shail_v
Newly Registered

Post by shail_v » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:53 pm

Hi!
Thanks for your reply.
By any chance is it possible that they reject my visa instead of updating the visa date?
Regards
Shailesh

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:57 pm

Thanks for your reply.
By any chance is it possible that they reject my visa instead of updating the visa date?
Regards
Shailesh
No they will not reject your visa..

worst thing is that they may refuse to change the date on the visa start date.. But since you requested in your cover letter for a particular start date, they should change it.. if this date is within 3months when you applied..

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:56 pm

Thanks for your reply.
Regards
Shailesh
No. They won't. They should change the date without hitch.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:20 pm

By the way, why do you think so?

Thanks for your reply.
Regards
Shailesh

Alishah

Post by Alishah » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:11 am

I think it dosnt count as long as your positive to move. If I were you I would have asked to change the dates to suite my arrival dates, coz it counts when you will go for ILR.

But; now days law changes so fast. Its up to you.
Knowledge speaks and wisdom listen

shail_v
Newly Registered

Post by shail_v » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:18 pm

Hi!
I have submitted a request to change the date. VFS people told me it will take about 5 working days which would get over on Wednesday.I will update the forum about the outcome.
Regards
Shailesh

Alishah

Post by Alishah » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:14 am

Nice move, do share your progress please.

shail_v
Newly Registered

Visa date changed

Post by shail_v » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:33 am

Hi!
I filed an application through VFS stating that the date mentioned in my original application was 25 Feb 2010 and that's the date when I want to travel.I got the visa with the new date as 25 Feb 2010. This process took 4 working days and I collected my visa from VFS New Delhi.
Thanks to all once again,
Shailesh

Alishah

Congrates

Post by Alishah » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:41 pm

Well, thanks for sharing this info.

hsmp12345

Re: Visa date changed

Post by hsmp12345 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:07 pm

I filed an application through VFS stating that the date mentioned in my original application was 25 Feb 2010 and that's the date when I want to travel.I got the visa with the new date as 25 Feb 2010. This process took 4 working days and I collected my visa from VFS New Delhi.
Thanks to all once again,
Shailesh
Congratulations Shailesh !!!

Just curious to know if VFS charged you any money for this change ? Looking at some other posts I have observed that it is sometimes difficult to convince VFS ppl to understand your requirements as they themselves appear aloof to visa guidelines. Did you fill any other application form or just applied using a covering letter ?

Cheers,

shail_v
Newly Registered

Post by shail_v » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:13 pm

Hi!
VFS did not charge me any fee. I just submitted my passport and covering letter (with my contact details).
Initially the VFS guy at the counter told me to go to BHC Delhi for this. But I had a doubt so I called VFS helpline and they told me I should submit passport with a cover letter. I went back to VFS and this time I talked to a leady who accepted my application.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Regards
Shailesh