ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT SIMPLE ILR ADVICE NEEDED

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hisam2k
Newly Registered

URGENT SIMPLE ILR ADVICE NEEDED

Post by hisam2k » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:58 pm

dear who can respond to this question

i am a doctor about to go to the home office for my ILR application.

I have two parking offences that i have declared that i paid the fine and have receipts accordingly which is fine

i do also have a GMC warning that pertains to one days absence in 2008 that is on my GMC registration that was issues without any formal hearing. now in the section 7 of the form it says in in the last question - have you been involved in activities that would not make you a person of good character?

i am still in employment and will be till oct 2010 and i was wondering i read the documentation for the home office on good character and it does not state anything to declare in this category as GMC is a regulatory body - it says stuff like terrorism , tax evasion , theft , police stuff but nothing like that - can i just leave it as it does not come under what the home office defines as its a professional matter and was resolved and i am still working and will continue to without any hinderence. i do dislclose it on my NHS applications as it has a section which specifically asks for it

urgent help would be great

going to home office on friday..:)

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:45 pm

Hi
If the GMC warning is about a disciplinary procedure which has been settled, it might be best to disclose it. However if its not recorded and then you dont have to anything.
It would help to know what the nature of the ' condition ' is on your GMC regn.
Best of luck

sac

Post by sac » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:45 pm

i don't think it's necessary to disclose anything not asked for. in my amateur opinion, this is an 'internal' issue with your professional body, whereas UKBA is more concerned about any criminal or civil matter which has reached the UK courts.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:22 am

agree with sac. nothing you have mentioned needs to be disclosed. and when you dont need to disclose something, the best thing to do in not to disclose.

raj_bond
Newly Registered

Post by raj_bond » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:43 pm

Hello,

I had many problems with my employeer before applying for ILR, however i never mentioned them at the time of applying. However you need to get a letter from your employeer that you had continuous employment with them since 5 years. Thats it.

Best of luck.