ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Want to marry a EEA National

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wajid
Newly Registered

Want to marry a EEA National

Post by wajid » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:53 pm

Hiya,

i was told about this website from a friend, and i must say, its really good. i have a few questions that i would be grateful if anyone could help me with.

. i am from india, and have been in the uk for 5 months ( i have a 6 month visit visa), here i have met a EEA national women that i want to marry. i have been told that i need a COA by an advisor.

my questions are that do i need a COA? and if that is granted, what happens then? can we get married straight away? once married do i apply for a EE2 application straight away? or if the COA is rejected, what happens then?

thank you.

wajid.

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:55 pm

Marriage of convenience.

Yes you need a COA. No it won't be approved before your visa expires so you'll be going home unmarried. I guess she'll then realise how she's been used solely for you to remain in the UK.

Toodle doo.

wajid
Newly Registered

meats?

Post by wajid » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:01 pm

thank you very much for your reply, much appreciated. :)

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:04 pm

You're welcome.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:19 am

You only know her for 5 months and you have decided to get married? Strange..
Well I can't see any problem going back to India with your future EEA wife and get married there and then apply for EEA family permit from India and come to UK.
That will be very easy route for you if its suits you..
and I am sure you can't get married in UK if you do not have a visa valid for 3 month and it should not be visit visa.
I hope it helps.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:47 am

meats wrote:Marriage of convenience.

Yes you need a COA. No it won't be approved before your visa expires so you'll be going home unmarried. I guess she'll then realise how she's been used solely for you to remain in the UK.

Toodle doo.
See also Bogus bride jailed over fake marriage scam
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

MissJenn
Newly Registered

Post by MissJenn » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:16 am

meats wrote:You're welcome.
*applause*

jude

Post by jude » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:14 am

rebel82 wrote:Who care . What about European that get marraige after knowing each others for just days .. Do you have problem with that as well I don't think so because the are european . Is up to both of them what thy want .

Well I can't see any problem going back to India with your future EEA wife and get married there and then apply for EEA family permit from India and come to UK.
and I am sure you can't get married in UK if you do not have a visa valid for 3 month and it should not be visit visa.
I hope it helps.
hallo

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:17 am

jude wrote:
rebel82 wrote:Who care . What about European that get marraige after knowing each others for just days .. Do you have problem with that as well I don't think so because the are european . Is up to both of them what thy want .

I hope it helps.
Anyone with half a braincell can see what the real reason is for this 'marriage' - and learn to quote properly please, anyone with half a braincell can do it.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:30 am

Wanderer I have no Idea how the hell OP wrote in my post ?
and to OP I have not seen any European who got married just after days of knowing each other.
and if both of them really willing to marry then whats harm going back to India and get married there.?