ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP extension - letter from employer (urgent)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shabanaimrank

HSMP extension - letter from employer (urgent)

Post by shabanaimrank » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:27 pm

Hi all,

Please help me with this........my employer does not have company stamp so i asked them to print me a letter having salary breakdown............i created a letter having salary breakdown from the information in my payslips..........the confusing bit is the GROSS appearing on each months payslip is hugely different (i think the gross appearing is GROSS year to date figure). for example:

For October 2009 - Gross=£15,246.00, Basic Pay=£2178.00, Net pay=£1663.18

November 2009 - Gross=£17,424.00, Basic Pay=£2178.00, Net pay=£1663.18

December 2009 - Gross=£19,602.00, Basic Pay=£2178.00, Net pay=£1663.18

Gross is changing hugely and as per the letter template in this link
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=46010 (employer letter)

gross has remained static. Also a total of gross is shown at the end how can i get my total aggregrate amount?

Please suggest me this is urgent as i need to get this letter from my employer and post my application quickly.

Also, i have 1 more question as my payslips are not formal and employer does not have stamp will this be an issue? because when i rang home office and asked them the lady told me send it but we cannot guarantee as it depends on case worker to decide whether he is happy with the letter.............i am so scared please guys help me

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: HSMP extension - letter from employer (urgent)

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:34 pm

shabanaimrank wrote:

I think the info (GROSS SALARY (Basic Pay) , Cumulative GROSS & NET SALARY(Net Pay)) are perfectly OK..

If you are working in UK and the employer is giving you a standard Payslip and if they are original, you do not require any stamp or sign on them..

you use it as 1proof..

regarding the template Chetan shown in his sticky.. yes the gross is constant in your case that GROSS Salary is ur BASIC PAY which is constant..

Do not get too much confused.. goodluck

vks

Re: HSMP extension - letter from employer (urgent)

Post by vks » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:35 pm

shabanaimrank wrote:Hi all,

Please help me with this........my employer does not have company stamp so i asked them to print me a letter having salary breakdown............i created a letter having salary breakdown from the information in my payslips..........the confusing bit is the GROSS appearing on each months payslip is hugely different (i think the gross appearing is GROSS year to date figure). for example:

Gross is changing hugely and as per the letter template in this link
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=46010 (employer letter)

gross has remained static. Also a total of gross is shown at the end how can i get my total aggregrate amount?

Please suggest me this is urgent as i need to get this letter from my employer and post my application quickly.

Your letter should be modified slightly to include cumulative gross. Explain this in the letter

Also, i have 1 more question as my payslips are not formal and employer does not have stamp will this be an issue? because when i rang home office and asked them the lady told me send it but we cannot guarantee as it depends on case worker to decide whether he is happy with the letter.............i am so scared please guys help me

The letter from employer and the salary slips are from same source, so you need not worry, if the employer letter is in the letter head and you mention the contact details of your employer clearly for case worker to contact(just incase)
Regards,
vks

shabanaimrank

Post by shabanaimrank » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:50 am

So In the total at the bottom i will only show total of Basic Pay and Net Pay (i will leave the gross pay column in but will not show the total?).......will this be OK or do you have any suggestions

Thank you guys for you help......very much appreciated

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:51 pm

shabanaimrank wrote:So In the total at the bottom i will only show total of Basic Pay and Net Pay (i will leave the gross pay column in but will not show the total?).......will this be OK or do you have any suggestions

As per the template shown by chetan above.. keep the employer letter simple.. with
salary month -- GROSS Salary -- NET Salary -- Tax -- Date credited into bank..

ur gross n basic pay wordings are confusing..

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:05 pm

@shabanaimrank,

As advised by Ramesh above keep your letter simple. Keep only Gross(Monthly Gross-- which you termed as Basic Pay above) and Net Pay(Monthly) as shown in the template. Your "todate gross" (which you have considered as GROSS above) can be calculated by caseworker if he wish to do the same. DO NOT confuse caseworker by unnecessary wordings. DO NOT put cumulative gross in the letter. It is unnecessary and will only create confusion. When I applied for my extension in my payslips I have cumulative gross amount but payslips doesn't mention since when that cumulation started(which is normally the start of financial year). Caseworker cannot assume that cumulation started at the start of your claim period.

You have to show your monthly details to caseworker for all the months in the claim period. This letter along with your personal bank statement would be fine for earning proof.
Last edited by ChetanOjha on Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:12 pm

shabanaimrank wrote:So In the total at the bottom i will only show total of Basic Pay and Net Pay (i will leave the gross pay column in but will not show the total?).......will this be OK or do you have any suggestions

I dont think you need to mention cumulative gross in the letter. Just show your gross Pay (basic Pay) and net Pay. Show the total at the bottom. You can also add a column 'Date of salary Deposit'. Totally up to you..

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:15 pm

[quote="shabanaimrank"]So In the total at the bottom i will only show total of Basic Pay and Net Pay (i will leave the gross pay column in but will not show the total?).......will this be OK or do you have any suggestions

True by mentioning cumulative gross etc, you will confuse the case worker. Keep it simple and straight

shabanaimrank

Post by shabanaimrank » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:43 pm

Thank you guys for quick response i will remove the cumulative gross column I was just about to get my letter signed from my employer............thanks for this information..............it has helped me a lot