ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 - Some time to go but info would still be good

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mellowd
Newly Registered

EEA4 - Some time to go but info would still be good

Post by mellowd » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:52 pm

Hi all.

I'm a South African with a Hungarian Wife. Currently I'm on EEA2 which expires in June 2012.

My current passport expires December 2010 though. It'll take me 4 months to get my new passport. After that what's the process and turnaround time for getting my visa transferred? I know I can just use my old passport at the same time but I would prefer to just have it in the new passport.

Secondly, My wife and I have been married now for almost 4 years (April) In April 2011 I'd like to apply for EEA4. Is this sufficient? i.e. I can prove that my wife and I have been working and living together that entire time, we have all our P60's and payslips and various bills from all these years.

Should my wife apply for EE3 at the same time? We did the EEA1/EEA2 application at the same time last time.

Lastly, what's the turnaround time and cost for all of this? I know EEA3 costs nothing, but can't find any fees for EEA4 (even on the application form, unless I've missed it)

Thanks for any info!

irakra

Post by irakra » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:48 pm

Hi,

It doesn't matter in that case for how long you have been married, you need to proove that your wife was working in the UK for a continuous period of five years, i.e. in your case you can apply when your currnet visa expires, as it was granted for 5 years. You can't apply earlier than that unfortunately, EEA 4 is free of charge. You wife, if she doesn't want to, I believe, doesn't have to apply on EEA 3, but you would still need her ID and proof of her working in the UK for 5 years for you EEA 4. You can go online and download the EEA 4 form with the guidance. It's all there.

regards

mellowd
Newly Registered

Post by mellowd » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:01 pm

Hi there.

Thanks. We can prove she has been working.

There is one snag though, she only registered on the registration scheme when we applied for the EEA1/2 - Before that she was working, but not registered as she didn't know and neither did her employer.

Once we found out she immediately registered. Does it only count from the day she registered?

datuchi
BANNED

Post by datuchi » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:11 pm

Is there any more relevant info you'd like to disclose?

In detail pls all the info with dates and so on.

mellowd wrote:Hi there.

Thanks. We can prove she has been working.

There is one snag though, she only registered on the registration scheme when we applied for the EEA1/2 - Before that she was working, but not registered as she didn't know and neither did her employer.

Once we found out she immediately registered. Does it only count from the day she registered?
None of the advice/opinion is expressed with the view of assuming responsibility as to its accuracy. Anyone intending to rely on any advice/opinion should seek independent legal advice before acting upon it.

mellowd
Newly Registered

Post by mellowd » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:54 am

datuchi wrote:Is there any more relevant info you'd like to disclose?

In detail pls all the info with dates and so on.

I actually looked into it and found that she did register on the registration scheme before we got our COa, so that was before the marriage. So no problems there.

What's the process of moving a visa into the new passport? Does it take long? Seems like I'm forced to register for the ID card as well when this happens?