ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous earnings query - points calculation

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hs_sdm
Newly Registered

Previous earnings query - points calculation

Post by hs_sdm » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:57 am

Hi All,

I am planning to apply Tier 1 General. Currently, I am in UK with Tier 2 (ICT). I came to UK on March. Previously, I got my salary in India ( from Jan to Mar) and also got allowance here in March. April onwards, I got the salary in UK.

Jan - Mar - Rs.120000 - £1500 - £8153 ( after multiplying with 5.3)
March Allowance - £1500
Apr-Dec - £18000

Whether I have to take the earnings as £21000 or £27653 ?

Please correct me if my calculations are wrong.

Thanks
Prakash

hs_sdm
Newly Registered

Post by hs_sdm » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:09 pm

Hi All,

I am planning to apply Tier 1 General. Currently, I am in UK with Tier 2 (ICT). I came to UK on March. Previously, I got my salary in India ( from Jan to Mar) and also got allowance here in March. April onwards, I got the salary in UK.

March Allowance - £1500
Apr-Dec - £18000

Thanks
Prakash

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Previous earnings query - points calculation

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:25 pm

hs_sdm wrote:Hi All,

March Allowance - £1500
Apr-Dec - £18000

Thanks
Prakash
Hi Prakash,

Jan-Mar Salary From India
(120000*5.3)/73.5444(Exchange rate on the last date of your earnings in India, assuming March 31 '09) is 8647.84

If, during the period for which we are 133. considering the applicant’s previous earnings, he/she has earned money from outside the United Kingdom, he/she can include these in the calculation to score points for earnings. The applicant should provide details of the overseas earnings, in the original currency in which they were paid. The applicant should convert these earnings into pounds sterling by using the closing exchange rate on the OANDA website for the last day of the period for which he/she has claimed earnings in that currency.

March Allowance

This can be added if it satisfies the below criteria

Allowances
We will only include allowances (such 123. as those for accommodation or schooling for an applicant’s children) in the assessment of an applicant’s previous earnings if they are part of an applicant’s remuneration package and are not paid to reimburse the applicant for money he/she has previously spent.
We will only accept allowances as 124. earnings if they are declared in the applicant’s payslips and there is a contractual obligation on the employer’s part to make these payments.

Apr-Dec Salary is 18000.

Please find the below link for the guidance, all about the earnings is described from page 20

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf