ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension Reviews Amount of time before expiry renew?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bellaissailing
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Extension Reviews Amount of time before expiry renew?

Post by bellaissailing » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:38 pm

Hi,

I am a tier 1 (well HSMP) visa holder. My visa expires on the 19th of July 2010.

I would like to submit my renewal now. I have heard that the home office has been taking submissions from businesses and industry to change the tier 1 extension critera from us not needing a masters to actually needing one. From my sources industry pushed back really hard. But we know the home office and they do all sorts of crazy crap and you never know they might do this.

The other reason I want to submit is that I will be out of the country for a couple of months and would like to have it renewed before I go. I rang the home office today and they told me that it was fine to submit it 'whenever I wanted before the expiry'. I also asked one lawyer and they told me you couldn't submit it more than 5 weeks before expiry. Clearly this is wrong as I look through the posts here there is a lot of you guys submitting it in most cases two months before.

Wondering if I could get some inputs on what to do or other enquiries I should make from the forum members?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 Extension Reviews Amount of time before expiry re

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:00 pm

bellaissailing wrote:Hi,

I am a tier 1 (well HSMP) visa holder. My visa expires on the 19th of July 2010.

I would like to submit my renewal now. I have heard that the home office has been taking submissions from businesses and industry to change the tier 1 extension critera from us not needing a masters to actually needing one. From my sources industry pushed back really hard. But we know the home office and they do all sorts of crazy crap and you never know they might do this.

The other reason I want to submit is that I will be out of the country for a couple of months and would like to have it renewed before I go. I rang the home office today and they told me that it was fine to submit it 'whenever I wanted before the expiry'. I also asked one lawyer and they told me you couldn't submit it more than 5 weeks before expiry. Clearly this is wrong as I look through the posts here there is a lot of you guys submitting it in most cases two months before.

Wondering if I could get some inputs on what to do or other enquiries I should make from the forum members?
The home office says ideally 5 weeks before your visa expires. But, i have read a lot of posts who have applied even 6,7 months early and got their extension. Personally, I feel there shouldn't be any problem. But, plswait for senior members to reply..

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:01 pm

HO recommends to for extension 28days before expiry of the current visa..

but as you noticed therez lotz of applicants who applied 3-5months earlier n still got approvals.. and most max. period in advance is around 3months

so decide urselves..

tipu20

Re: Tier 1 Extension Reviews Amount of time before expiry re

Post by tipu20 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:14 pm

Hi,

can you please provide the source of such information that Home office is consulting business to increase requirements for extension applications ? We all know that MAC have suggested HOME office to reduce the requirements to Bachelors for all Tier 1 Visa in early December 2009.

I have applied my extension in march 2009 while my visa was expiring in Dec 2009 which was granted.

Here is the link from home office which indicate when and how to apply

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... owtoapply/

Regards,
Tipu
bellaissailing wrote:Hi,