ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligibility for HSMP Tier1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sen2277
Newly Registered

Eligibility for HSMP Tier1

Post by sen2277 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:47 pm

Hello,

I am planning to apply for HSMP Tier1. However I need some clarification the educational qualifiaction front. I have completed my studies in India. I have done my 10th, +2, three years diploma and MBA from sikkim manipal university. There was a option from SMU to join MBA after diploma and few years of experience. Since I have not done graduate before doing post graduate.

Can please some one let me know whether I am still eligible to apply for HSMP tier1?

Thank you in advance.

vks

Re: Eligibility for HSMP Tier1

Post by vks » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:52 pm

sen2277 wrote:Hello,

I am planning to apply for HSMP Tier1. However I need some clarification the educational qualifiaction front. I have completed my studies in India. I have done my 10th, +2, three years diploma and MBA from sikkim manipal university. There was a option from SMU to join MBA after diploma and few years of experience. Since I have not done graduate before doing post graduate.

Can please some one let me know whether I am still eligible to apply for HSMP tier1?

Thank you in advance.
Any UK equivalent masters has 35 points. So find out your degree is listed in PBS calculator, if not try to get a NARIC certificate!
Regards,
vks

sen2277
Newly Registered

Post by sen2277 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:24 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Yes the degree and university is listed in the PBS calculator. So I am assuming that there is no need to get NARIC certificate. Please let me know.

Thank you.

push

Post by push » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:59 pm

Thank you for your reply. Yes the degree and university is listed in the PBS calculator. So I am assuming that there is no need to get NARIC certificate. Please let me know.

Thank you.
True
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:50 am

Thank you in advance.
How are you planning to complete the english language requirement. if it is with your diploma, just make sure that is ok. senior members pls respond.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:57 am

[/quote]
How are you planning to complete the english language requirement. if it is with your diploma, just make sure that is ok. senior members pls respond.[/quote]
please check if your diploma qualifies for english language requirement using pbs calculator

sen2277
Newly Registered

Template for getting letter from university for English Prof

Post by sen2277 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:12 pm

Hello,

Can some one help me by providing the template for getting letter from university to state that the meadium of instruction was english ?

Also I leant from learning center that this letter would be provided from learning center and mail from the university would be attached along with this. Is this acceptable for HSMP tier1 visa process ?

Please advice.
Thank you

gd_Shepherd

Re: Template for getting letter from university for English

Post by gd_Shepherd » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:19 pm

Can some one help me by providing the template for getting letter from university to state that the meadium of instruction was english ?

Also I leant from learning center that this letter would be provided from learning center and mail from the university would be attached along with this. Is this acceptable for HSMP tier1 visa process ?

Please advice.
Thank you
A template

To whomsoever it may concern
-------------------------------------

This is to certify that Mr/Ms XXXXXXXXX bearing a roll number XXXXX was a student of this XXXXXXX University/Polytechnic of the XXXX course during the years XXXX-XXXX. The medium of instruction of the course was in English

Signature of the head

sen2277
Newly Registered

Post by sen2277 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:35 pm

Thank you verymuch. That is of much help.

geriatrix

Re: Template for getting letter from university for English

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:49 pm

Please advice.
Thank you
Are you assuming that such a letter is acceptable as evidence of English language proficiency or did you read it somewhere? Suggest you read the policy guidance *carefully*.

And, there is no immigration category named "HSMP Tier 1".

regards

gd_Shepherd

Post by gd_Shepherd » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:01 pm

I was just checking the Tier-1 guidance. There is no requirement of such a letter. In case the PBS calculator recognizes the degree, the points are awarded and the original degree certificate is taken as the proof.

Shepherd

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:06 pm

Getting a letter from university to fulfil the English language requirement is useless and unnecessary hassle in my opinion. To fulfil the requirement with a qualification taught in English medium, it should award you points in the PBS calculator for the English language requirement and you should have original degree certificate to prove that you have this degree. Any letters from the University will not be accepted.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:20 pm

My two cents on the subject.

regards

PRadeep Itnal

Post by PRadeep Itnal » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:24 pm

@ aruni: I hope any letter u meant any e-mail kind of stuff.
However i personally feel, get the letter from university, on a university letter head, stating ur medium of instruction is english. letter should clearly highlight ur registration number(university seat number), and duriation of ur course, and medium of instruction.
Again it all depends on case worker, but dnt give him any chance to reject ur application. all d best.

push

Post by push » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:52 pm

PRadeep Itnal wrote:@ aruni: I hope any letter u meant any e-mail kind of stuff.
However i personally feel, get the letter from university, on a university letter head, stating ur medium of instruction is english. letter should clearly highlight ur registration number(university seat number), and duriation of ur course, and medium of instruction.
Again it all depends on case worker, but dnt give him any chance to reject ur application. all d best.
Sorry but do you have any basis for what you are saying here? Can you please provide the source of your information? Remember, providing unnecessary documents may cause confusion and the case worker may miss-out the actual evidence supplied. Keep the application lean and thin - "just sufficient" is the word.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:54 pm

PRadeep Itnal wrote:@ aruni: I hope any letter u meant any e-mail kind of stuff.
Getting any type of letter does not serve the purpose now. As Sushdmehta mentioned, that kind of letters were required 2/3 years back. They do not have any value now and I agree with Push, dont confuse the case worker by providing documents which are not necessary.