ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 1 (General) visa - bank statement has return cheque

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

akhanam
Newly Registered

UK Tier 1 (General) visa - bank statement has return cheque

Post by akhanam » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:31 am

Hi,
I am applying for UK HSMP visa. With 9 months income from UK and 3 months from India. However, the company I work for pays by cheque. Due to some problem my November and December cheques were bounced when first submitted. However on resubmitting they cleared. Please advise will this be a problem. Any solutions?

Kind Regards
AK

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: UK Tier 1 (General) visa - bank statement has return che

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:18 am

akhanam wrote:Hi,
I am applying for UK HSMP visa. With 9 months income from UK and 3 months from India. However, the company I work for pays by cheque. Due to some problem my November and December cheques were bounced when first submitted. However on resubmitting they cleared. Please advise will this be a problem. Any solutions?

Kind Regards
AK
It should not be a problem as long as the Net amount matches with the Net pay and you have original payslips for those cheques also.. maybe just mention inthe cover letter that those 2months have been paid by cheques..

lesbere
- thin ice -

Post by lesbere » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:28 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
akhanam wrote:Hi,

Kind Regards
AK
It should not be a problem as long as the Net amount matches with the Net pay and you have original payslips for those cheques also.. maybe just mention inthe cover letter that those 2months have been paid by cheques..

Ramesh i equally had the same problem, but i then thought it even helped me more because when the cheque was returned it was paid immediately and in the process my employer's name was written on my bank statement. I have been worried all these while with cheque payments not showing where the money came from, has any body in this forum had any of such problem?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:42 pm

lesbere wrote: Ramesh i equally had the same problem, but i then thought it even helped me more because when the cheque was returned it was paid immediately and in the process my employer's name was written on my bank statement. I have been worried all these while with cheque payments not showing where the money came from, has any body in this forum had any of such problem?
In such cases where you are worried and want to buy peace of mind.. IF POSSIBLE, try to get a letter from your employer for those are all of the months you are claiming your earnings points..

pls see chetan's sticky for Employer letter.. This is the best and in this case you dont even need to provide the payslips. just get the letter and respective bankstatements for those months.. but make sure to check the NET AMOUTN is same in the letter and bankstatemetns..
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=46010

akhanam
Newly Registered

Post by akhanam » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:42 pm

Thank you for the advise. I feel much better now.
Just to clarify again - on my bank statement the cheque comes in the employers name. It shows the name of the company. One line says credit and the next line says debit for return cheque. On resubmitting the same cheque after a week it has cleared. This has happened for two months. Will the letter from the employer confirming the payments and the original payslip be fine? Will the embassy not question the return payments on the bank statements?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:18 am

akhanam wrote:Thank you for the advise. I feel much better now.
Just to clarify again - on my bank statement the cheque comes in the employers name. It shows the name of the company. One line says credit and the next line says debit for return cheque. On resubmitting the same cheque after a week it has cleared. This has happened for two months. Will the letter from the employer confirming the payments and the original payslip be fine? Make sure you send you bank statements also as payslips and employer letter are both from same source. Will the embassy not question the return payments on the bank statements?

vks

Post by vks » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:15 am

aruni4470 wrote:
akhanam wrote:Thank you for the advise. I feel much better now.
Just to clarify again - on my bank statement the cheque comes in the employers name. It shows the name of the company. One line says credit and the next line says debit for return cheque. On resubmitting the same cheque after a week it has cleared. This has happened for two months. Will the letter from the employer confirming the payments and the original payslip be fine? Make sure you send you bank statements also as payslips and employer letter are both from same source. Will the embassy not question the return payments on the bank statements?

For this you may explain this in the covering letter.
Regards,
vks

akhanam
Newly Registered

Post by akhanam » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:12 am

Thank you. I hope this works.