ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

work permit holder dependent

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

janman
Newly Registered

work permit holder dependent

Post by janman » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:31 pm

Hi everyone,

i have been working in the uk for just over 3 years on a work permit.

i recently applied for a dependent visa for my wife. we were married in 2008 november and we applied for her visa in dec 2009.

the visa was refuswed on the following basis.

1.that she has not lived with me for a prolonged time and hence our relationship is subsisting. they are asking for proof of contact. what do they mean by proof of contact.

2. closing balance on the account was £206 although i had about £6000 in my saving. and then they say that i havent provided the origin of this funds. i have given them my wage slips.

can someone please help?

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:21 pm

1) Proof of contact, how do you keep in contact with your wife? Show proof of how, eg phone bills, msn conversation print outs, emails etc etc

2) Did you show evidence of your savings or did you only provide the account with £206 in it. If the latter then it's no real surprise that the visa was rejected.

janman
Newly Registered

Post by janman » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:54 pm

thanks for this.

i am sure you can appreciate that people dont use their mobile phones for international calls. i have been using the VoIP service and skype but unfortunately they dont do itemised billing. will just proof of when i bought the credit be sufficent.

i did give them my saving account statement. there objection was that i had made a lumpsum transaction of £6000 and they were asking for source of this. i am sure they can look at the statement and see that i regularly save money every month.

anyways i have now transfererd all my savings into my current account. do you suggest that i apply as soon as i can and prove that all this money is mine and i have been holding this in my saving account?

many thanks

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:58 pm

Skype shows what numbers you've phoned and when and for how long.

They are entitled to ask where the lump sum came, they need to know and be sure that it's your money and not money that has been transferred to your account only for it to be transferred back after the visa has been issued.

Apply whenever you want to, they're going to ask you where the £6k came from regardless in my opinion so you're going to have to still explain that.

janman
Newly Registered

Post by janman » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:01 pm

could anyone explain what the following means??

When submitting email or instant messenger logs, it is important to bear in mind that intervening devotion means evidence of contact and not an exhaustive transcript of each on-line session.

kindley

Post by kindley » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:56 pm

janman wrote:could anyone explain what the following means??

When submitting email or instant messenger logs, it is important to bear in mind that intervening devotion means evidence of contact and not an exhaustive transcript of each on-line session.
My understanding of it is that you should only submit those emails and instant message exchanges that are most relevant to the application. In essence, submit those electronic exchanges between both of you that show you are in a relationship.
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:13 pm

kindley wrote:
janman wrote:could anyone explain what the following means??

My understanding of it is that you should only submit those emails and instant message exchanges that are most relevant to the application. In essence, submit those electronic exchanges between both of you that show you are in a relationship.
Yes and also it means that they want to see that contact has been made (print screen shot of emails recieved/sent to partner with the date) rather than printouts of every single chat conversation or email. That's over kill.
I tell it like it is.