ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

damsel
Newly Registered

Appeal

Post by damsel » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:13 am

Hi,
I sent my appeal off before christmas and it was confirmed through royal mail that it wsa delivered however I havent heard anything from them.

Does anyone know what follows after an appeal has been sent and how long the whole process takes in terms of timescale?

damsel
Newly Registered

Post by damsel » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:54 pm

Anyone please with any info?

desi724
Newly Registered

RE:

Post by desi724 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:04 pm

you will receive a letter from AIT with the date for a hearing, also requesting full pagarized set of documents to be sent to AIT and HO rep before the hearing date.
Hope this helps....

bvc07znu
Newly Registered

Post by bvc07znu » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:23 pm

Appeal process can be lengthy and can be very quick. Since there is no standard procedure, you will get a letter as soon as a date is fixed. I will suggest you choose court hearing option as it is faster.

damsel
Newly Registered

Post by damsel » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:40 pm

Thanks guys, I chose to have a court hearing so I will just have to wait for the AIT to send me their letter with a hearing date in it. Any ideas on how long before I get a hearing date? All their timings are so vague

fshhddn

Post by fshhddn » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:34 pm

If you appeal in the UK, you don't have to leave the country even if it takes ages to hear back from them. Your stay here remains legal. So, don't worry how long it will take. You can continue what you r doing now until they have reached their decision. But, remember, if you r applying for PSW, you only have within 12 months to apply. When the time is ending soon, you must decide whether to withdraw and reapply or to wait further. If you wait until its exceeded 12 months, then you will have no chance to reapply. Tq.