ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need expert advise

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

phish
Newly Registered

Need expert advise

Post by phish » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:26 am

Hi, I had applied for hsmp and was refused in the very first stage (assessment application form), I did not qualify for the points required. Anyway, I did not apply for the E.C./visa application since my application against the qualifying criteria was refused.

I would really appreciate it if someone who knows about this or has an expert opinion on this help me with that question. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by phish on Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

phish
Newly Registered

Re: Need expert advise

Post by phish » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:46 pm

Surprised that no comment has been made about this yet. Appreciate feedback.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:55 pm

You should have declared it, irrespective which country's visa you applied for.If it comes to light,then you will almsot certainly be refused by that country too

sac

Post by sac » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:37 pm

phish, a points assessment has NOTHING to do with visa refusals. if you had applied for and been denied an E.C., then yes. but merely not meeting the criteria is totally unrelated. i mean, does every PBS wannabe get the points? no. so are they then to consider themselves visa rejectees for the rest of their lives? certainly not. frankly i think you might be being a bit paranoid about this! :-)
plus i know someone who was (mistakenly) rejected for Hsmp points (at the letter stage); she's a frequent traveller and (rightly) never mentions this on forms. gets visas from all over, no problem.

phish
Newly Registered

Post by phish » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:07 am

Thanks Sac, appreciate your response. I know it is a bit of a paranoia, but I didn't want to take a chance and get this wrong. Apparently I got the same advice from others that it was not a visa refusal.

Just for the sake of curiosity though, did your friend ever apply for the U.K. visa with that answer, coz that would simply prove the fact that it was not a visa refusal afterall.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:34 am

Please don't make multiple posts on the same topic.

regards