ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Security Cleared Position

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nm
Member of Standing

Security Cleared Position

Post by nm » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:45 am

Hi

I have been asked by a consultant whether are you having Security Clearance for a position, what does mean that and how to get ?

namastelondon

Post by namastelondon » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:09 pm

Hi Nm
There are infact lot of post about this.. I think u need to browse more...
You cannot apply for security clearance on ur own..

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Security Cleared Position

Post by Wanderer » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:34 pm

nm wrote:Hi

I have been asked by a consultant whether are you having Security Clearance for a position, what does mean that and how to get ?
Need ILR or better, and no adverse history, and only a selected few companies can apply for it - ie those on MOD List X.

U can't get it urself, u can't ask a List X company to get it for u and it expires without use.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:56 pm

Wanderer wrote:Need ILR or better, and no adverse history, and only a selected few companies can apply for it - ie those on MOD List X.

U can't get it urself, u can't ask a List X company to get it for u and it expires without use.
You summarised pretty much everything :-)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:08 pm

chetanojha wrote:
Wanderer wrote:Need ILR or better, and no adverse history, and only a selected few companies can apply for it - ie those on MOD List X.

You summarised pretty much everything :-)
And! The company I work for won't clear anyone other than British Citizens, ILR not enough!

nm
Member of Standing

Post by nm » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:11 pm

Thank to everyone for the input, the consultant told me that it'll take time to get and the opening is urgent in need and he's looking out for alternative. So i just thought that why should not i get it for me.? :)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:14 pm

nm wrote:Thank to everyone for the input, the consultant told me that it'll take time to get and the opening is urgent in need and he's looking out for alternative. So i just thought that why should not i get it for me.? :)
And it costs around £1500 I understand.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:44 pm

Wanderer wrote:
nm wrote:Thank to everyone for the input, the consultant told me that it'll take time to get and the opening is urgent in need and he's looking out for alternative. So i just thought that why should not i get it for me.? :)
And it costs around £1500 I understand.
Well if they want to pay for it, then good on them.