ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unmarried Partners Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

superhoops
Newly Registered

Unmarried Partners Visa

Post by superhoops » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:03 pm

Hello,

I've been trawling through websites today trying to find some advice on a situation without any luck.

What are the potential ramifications of the couple splitting up during the 2 year Unmarried Partners Visa period?

Are you legally obliged to tell the immigration office? Is the partner forced to leave the UK, what are the time frames? What if the foreign national has work commitments here in the UK and doesnt want to jeopardise them?

In this particular situation, no other visas would be applicable, so switching is out of the question.

Any advice you could give would be really helpful.

Thanks

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:42 pm

If you break up before getting ILR then yes the non uk citizen has to leave the uk. It doesn't matter if he/she has a job in the uk.
I tell it like it is.

segzeybaba
Newly Registered

Post by segzeybaba » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:25 pm

do any 'illegal' years spent in the UK be used in applying for unmarried partner visa at any visa OFFice aBRoaD?

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:12 pm

segzeybaba wrote:do any 'illegal' years spent in the UK be used in applying for unmarried partner visa at any visa OFFice aBRoaD?
I'm sorry I don't understand what you're asking here.
I tell it like it is.