ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

December 31 appn, Fresh developments..Help needed. Scroll dn

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

orgone

December 31 appn, Fresh developments..Help needed. Scroll dn

Post by orgone » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:29 pm

I made an application on December 31st. I have submitted bank statements from 6 Sep to 21 December with the funds being maintained from 16 Sep to 21 Decemeber. I have mentioned this detail clearly in a covering letter just before the statements. Would my visa get rejected on the grounds of my bank statements as the amoun from 6 dec to 15 dec is below 800 pounds? I can't get statements from Bank of Scotland for specific dates.
Last edited by orgone on Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

orgone

Post by orgone » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:57 pm

Also, I have paid by postal orders and I received my acknowledgement letter. Does that mean the the payment of the application fees went without any hassle? I would appreciate some responses.

Vamiq.khan

Post by Vamiq.khan » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:26 pm

Dear Friend,

If your balance went below £800. I am reluctant to say any thing. And not sure of any success. But all the best.

Vamiq

orgone

Post by orgone » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:58 pm

800 pounds are shown from 16 th September onwards. It is just that the bank statements are only available from 6th september of each month. I can't edit the balances from 6th to 15th September and the bank doesn't provide statements for specific dates

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:19 pm

orgone wrote:800 pounds are shown from 16 th September onwards. It is just that the bank statements are only available from 6th september of each month. I can't edit the balances from 6th to 15th September and the bank doesn't provide statements for specific dates
1. I know wat u mean but HO shud count the funds from the last date on the most recent statement and then go bak 3 months.
2. In u case, the statement u provided have two balances before the 3 months and after the 3 months so it shows below £800 and over £800.
3. If they do reject u application then u will easily win the appeal.

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Re: Visa application on December 31, 2009

Post by potterbond007 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:15 am

orgone wrote:I made an application on December 31st. I have submitted bank statements from 6 Sep to 21 December with the funds being maintained from 16 Sep to 21 Decemeber. I have mentioned this detail clearly in a covering letter just before the statements. Would my visa get rejected on the grounds of my bank statements as the amoun from 6 dec to 15 dec is below 800 pounds? I can't get statements from Bank of Scotland for specific dates.
wait.. you have asked them to consider the 3 month period as 16th Sept to 21st December and then your funds have dropped below 800 pounds between 6th to 15th december? ( that is in the 3 month period that you have put up for consideration ).. I sorry to break it to you the hard way but ur going to get a rejection.. If the balance even dropped by 1 pence during the 3 month period, they would happily reject you.. Best of luck with your appeal.. I would suggest another bank account in your home country or in britain to cover the deficit ( account should be in your name ).. Check if the account you are using now has an overdraft facility.. Keep a solicitor (important)!! It would still be a tight case.. Basically PSW applications are just an yes/no answer sheet for the case worker/judge so it doesn't take much for appeals to be refused...

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Re: Visa application on December 31, 2009

Post by potterbond007 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:19 am

orgone wrote:I made an application on December 31st. I have submitted bank statements from 6 Sep to 21 December with the funds being maintained from 16 Sep to 21 Decemeber. I have mentioned this detail clearly in a covering letter just before the statements. Would my visa get rejected on the grounds of my bank statements as the amoun from 6 dec to 15 dec is below 800 pounds? I can't get statements from Bank of Scotland for specific dates.
WAIT ?? did you mean the 6th to the 15 of september?? Do put up your question properly.. least u could do.. thanks
Last edited by potterbond007 on Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

orgone

Post by orgone » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:05 am

Sorry. I wrote it in a hurry
Here it is

Bank balances submitted: September 6- December 21st

Bank Balance from Sep 6 to Sep 15th < 800 punds
Bank Balance from Sep 16 th onwards (up till Dec 21st) > 800 pounds, which is clearly more than three months.

Application submitted: December 30th.

I couldn't edit the bit from Sep 6 to sep 15th as my bank balances start from the 6th of every month

Thank You

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:40 am

orgone wrote:Sorry. I wrote it in a hurry
Here it is

Bank balances submitted: September 6- December 21st

Bank Balance from Sep 6 to Sep 15th < 800 punds
Bank Balance from Sep 16 th onwards (up till Dec 21st) > 800 pounds, which is clearly more than three months.

Application submitted: December 30th.

I couldn't edit the bit from Sep 6 to sep 15th as my bank balances start from the 6th of every month

Thank You
That is not a problem.. they count 3 months backwards from the last date.. u will get your visa..

orgone

Post by orgone » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:45 am

I received my bank statements back from the home office today. They were electronic statements which were printed out and stamped. The officer wanted me to get the statements stamped and signed by a bank official. So I approached the Bank of Scotland and got the same statements freshly stamped and signed and posted it back by special delivery. Do any of you have any opinion on this? I think this is a positive sign as the home office sent me these documents through special delivery requesting urgent response. Nothing else was mentioned other than the need for the sign of the bank official on each page. I have done that have used the same statements as the home office sent those statements back to me and it wasn't mentioned anywhere in the letter that I had to provide new statements. Opinions are requested and welcome.

orgone

Post by orgone » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:54 am

Also, the letter from the immigration officer was dated 25th January and requested the response within three working days. I received this letter along with my bank statements by special delivery on 28 January, which is three days after the letter was dated. I have sent the statements back on the same date ie 28 Jan by special delivery, which guarantees delivery on 29 Jan before 1pm. Would this be fine?

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:19 am

orgone wrote:Also, the letter from the immigration officer was dated 25th January and requested the response within three working days. I received this letter along with my bank statements by special delivery on 28 January, which is three days after the letter was dated. I have sent the statements back on the same date ie 28 Jan by special delivery, which guarantees delivery on 29 Jan before 1pm. Would this be fine?
1. Yes that wud be fine as u posted the statements on the 28th.
2. U posted u statements within the time as the HO will consider the date of posting the documents as per the guidence from UKBA.
3. I am 100% sure that u have received all the points so far and the caseworker only wants to check u statements now.

orgone

Post by orgone » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:47 pm

Thank you Ash..I would update as soon as I hear something

PSWApplicant
Newly Registered

Post by PSWApplicant » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:12 pm

@orgone Having a balance of less than £800 for the period 6 to 15 Sep should not be a problem. Also, since they have written to you for the stamp and signature, rest assured that your application is thru. It is only a matter of time before you receive your visa. A friend of mine was asked for some clarification on the university letter and the visa was approved as soon as a new letter was sent. Good luck !

orgone

Post by orgone » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:18 am

Thank you, mate..I got my visa last week