ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gardai halt wedding over fears that union is 'bogus'

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Southern_Sky

Post by Southern_Sky » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:03 pm

''It's understood that the scam involves a bogus company set up here by Asian men who advertise well-paying jobs for former Eastern bloc women.

They are supplied with false documents in order to secure residency rights for their Asian "husbands", some of whom are believed to have paid up to €10,000 for the marriage certificate.

The court heard that Mr Shafi was one of more than 20 cricket players from Pakistan who arrived here on a seven-day visa for a supposed cricket match in July, 2008, but that the entire "team" disappeared after gaining entry to the State.''

http://www.independent.ie/national-news ... 31389.html

Man guilty of holding two false passports
The court heard that on December 11th last, gardaí discovered two passports during a raid on the man’s apartment. One of his passports was Hungarian and the other was Italian.

He pleaded guilty to two charges of “custody of false instrumentsâ€

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:14 pm

This is the greatest thing they have done! I mean this is going on a greater scale then just this special county. GNIB would really need to look into the cases whereby anyone wants to get married to EU national to see how long the couple lived together and all. I dont understand why they can't do such simple thing. This is going on in Cork, Dublin, Limerick every where and this is a shame on us. These Eastern EU girls are equally responsible as well as they are doing it for money and there are very little evidence that they were ever prosecuted. This should stop!!!

Southern_Sky

Post by Southern_Sky » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:39 pm

Where do these illegal Pakistanis get 10,000euro to give to these unemployed teenage Eastern European girls?

10,000 euro is worth alot more back in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania & Poland, but who's funding these Pakistani's to provide them with 10K + euro & how is the money transferred between parties? That's one of the questions the Gardai should be asking.

*Perhaps the DoJ could learn from the FBI capturing Al Capone. In the short term, if they can't convince the EU to change their current stance on immigration, marriage & residency rules, then the Gardai may have to catch them on tax evasion, false documents & money-laundering charges :)

Additional charges could be brought against landlords that rent accomodation to illegals, as is currently done in the USA.

craicindublin

Post by craicindublin » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:50 pm

10 G's is a hell lot of money even in ireland majority of people dont have it people who does would go for a mortgage or something. But obviously there s a lot more to this story than 10 G's going from one hand to the other. Gardi shouldve done it something ages i am sure they all knew about it all along ... just like when people from african countries started a trend of coming into this country to deliver their babies which started from early 98 and finally something was done about it in 2002 or something.
Surely the bogus marriage thing is happening for quiet a while but now everyone is concerned coz every one followed the same path so the govt had to take some action... once they will pass the legislation against this it will only stop people from doing it now .. what about the people who done it 6 months ago or lets say two years ago or more ??
How the students obtain 10's is simple keep clean credit history for a year or so and get a few Credit Cards than do a balance transfer and mix it with their savings ... wow 10G's !!!!

El shaddai
Member of Standing

Post by El shaddai » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:35 pm

Hi craicindublin, i agreed on ur point of Govt to step up and do something about the marriage of convenience.But i think u are totally wrong by saying "when people from african countries started a trend of coming into this country to deliver their babies which started from early 98 "is it only Africans coming to have babies in ireland? would have been better if u dont mention any race or continent.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:45 pm

El shaddai wrote:Hi craicindublin, i agreed on ur point of Govt to step up and do something about the marriage of convenience.But i think u are totally wrong by saying "when people from african countries started a trend of coming into this country to deliver their babies which started from early 98 "is it only Africans coming to have babies in ireland? would have been better if u dont mention any race or continent.
I am from an african country and take no exeption to that statement. The facts are that the majority of applicants that applied for leave to remain based on a child being born here were mainly from african countries. The babies were quite literall falling out on the tarmac.

El shaddai
Member of Standing

Post by El shaddai » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:17 pm

Hi jhbmike,
"when people from african countries started a trend of coming into this country to deliver their babies which started from early 98 "
if you are truely an African as you claimed and you were in Ireland during that year 1998 then you should know that it s not only Africans giving birth in Ireland.Lots of Eastern Europeans, russians,Romanians to mention but few are in that category as far back as 1998.Why he s talking about only Africans.You should think very well to know what am talking about.

MAKUSA
BANNED

Ignorant f****

Post by MAKUSA » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:21 am

jhbmike wrote:
El shaddai wrote:Hi craicindublin, i agreed on ur point of Govt to step up and do something about the marriage of convenience.But i think u are totally wrong by saying "when people from african countries started a trend of coming into this country to deliver their babies which started from early 98 "is it only Africans coming to have babies in ireland? would have been better if u dont mention any race or continent.
I am from an african country and take no exeption to that statement. The facts are that the majority of applicants that applied for leave to remain based on a child being born here were mainly from african countries. The babies were quite literall falling out on the tarmac.
And i am from Timbuktu,D*******
[Mod edit because of offensive language
First-Class Moron, keep it clean]

craicindublin

Post by craicindublin » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:36 am

sorry guys i apologise if i offended anyone coz i did not mean to, But again africa is a continent not a country, and if people were coming from eastern european countries than its fair play coz they are already a part of european union. I know people were coming from all over the world to do such thing but 8 out of 10 people who done it were from Africa Continent. I am sorry if i offended anyone guys but i was only trying to make a point i didnt have no intension to start another argument out of this thread.
Peace

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:58 am

craicindublin wrote:sorry guys i apologise if i offended anyone coz i did not mean to, But again africa is a continent not a country, and if people were coming from eastern european countries than its fair play coz they are already a part of European union
How come these countries were part of European union in 1998 ???
and Why Africa only and how can you say that 8 out of 10 were African Did you do any survey or something like that??
I will totally agree with Elshadi that its not only Africa there are more Chines and Russian then African.

craicindublin

Post by craicindublin » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:10 am

i totally agree that them countries were NOT a part of EU that time but they were in Europe and they knew it will become a part of EU in coming years so thats why they came up to start a new life in here. They did not come up in here heavily pregnant just to deliver a baby know i mean. Please dont take it personal my intension is NOT to offend anyone. I am sure every other race had a baby here and got the benefits etc BUT the reason government took action against it was ONLY coz it was UNDER ABUSE by people from AFRICA (continent).
peace

jhbmike

Re: Ignorant f****

Post by jhbmike » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:14 am

First-Class Moron wrote:
jhbmike wrote:
And i am from Timbuktu,D*******
[Mod edit because of offensive language
First-Class Moron, keep it clean]
Typical Timbuktuan. Cant express himself eloquently and have a decent debate, so resorts to aggression and playing the race card.(Maybe one of the reasons I left Africa and coming to Europe)

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:27 am

By the way First-Class Moron are you one of these people of whom I speak about the tarmac incident! Must be as you seem to be the only person taking umbrage to the statement. Truth must hurt.

I make no apoligies for the statement and resent the peolple that did this to get an easy path into Ireland which forced the Irish to have a referedum and change the law, meaning my son, who has never even been to Africa and who is born in Dublin is not Irish at the moment and I have to be inconvenienced by having to go down the naturalisation path for him.

So f#### u!

craicindublin

Post by craicindublin » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:31 am

Hi jhbmike,

Yes youre very right he needs to understand the situation that we re only talking facts in here were not here to play race cards .... were all human and thats what our race is ... HUMAN !!!

So please chill its now done and dusted but because of illegetmate freaks legit people like jhbmike are still suffering with NO fault of their own.

Peace

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:43 am

Dear jhbmike,
Every person have their own way of thinking maybe you are right what you think but what I am saying that only Africa is not responsible for changing the Irish law.

MAKUSA
BANNED

Get nutted

Post by MAKUSA » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:38 am

jhbmike wrote:By the way First-Class Moron are you one of these people of whom I speak about the tarmac incident! Must be as you seem to be the only person taking umbrage to the statement. Truth must hurt.

I make no apoligies for the statement and resent the peolple that did this to get an easy path into Ireland which forced the Irish to have a referedum and change the law, meaning my son, who has never even been to Africa and who is born in Dublin is not Irish at the moment and I have to be inconvenienced by having to go down the naturalisation path for him.

So f#### u!
Why do you want to be a citizen of a country that doesn't want you to be a citizen, get your son his fathers citizen. Whats the big deal about getting Irish citizenship, you must be an insecure individual and by the way i aint one of your tarmac statistics and i am quite happy that the Irish closed the loophole. Not obsessed about getting foreign passports, very happy with my passport. You are full of it. and up yours too

TRV

Post by TRV » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:15 pm

beside the bit*hing, it looks like better and cheaper option than paying 41% tax for five years and waiting for 3 or more years for naturalisation and still treated like dogs and get refused for getting a speeding ticket..that is the truth underneath all facts...i would not blame them for paying 10 grand, it is much easier and cheaper than working hard for this ar*e of a country....(excuse my language folks)

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:18 pm

jhbmike wrote:By the way First-Class Moron are you one of these people of whom I speak about the tarmac incident! Must be as you seem to be the only person taking umbrage to the statement. Truth must hurt.

So f#### u!
jhbmike,

IMHO, the people you referred to (though I think your argument might have been better substantiated by facts/verifiable figures) are not responsible for making the Irish law as it was, or as it is now. It is the responsibility of each state to make and amend its law as it deems fit.

I do not know which of the African countries you came from but It is highly unlikely that if a non national of that country gives birth to a child there, they will automatically have citizenship right. So why jumping on the high horse about your child? You are not the only one who have to live with the eventuality of the change to that immigration provision. I know a lot of FIRST GENERATION Irish citizens (Born and Bred here by the way) who have to go through a lot of rigorous verification before they can get passports for their children. We don't see them getting personally insulting about it.

It is quite interesting that you appear to want the best for your child which is what every parents want so why being derogatory ( a la "babies falling literally on the tarmac") about other people pursuing the best for their own babies.

If you are interested in a little bit of fact, you may want to have a look at the number of people from all over the world (and yes, that includes 3rd generation "irish" who couldn't get automatic Irish citizenship here) who go to America and Canada every year to have their children. Should we line them up and shoot them?

You made a conscious effort at a time to migrate to Ireland and you chosed a pathway to pursue that because the Irish immigration system makes that provision available for you. So making a judgement on whether a pathway is easy or difficult is hypocrisy IMO. The people in question did not do anything illegal did they? Well except denying your child his 'right'. One which even you the parent, couldn't automatically get..............And No, the African pregnant women are not responsible for you not getting automatic citizenship right from having an Irish grandmother so get over it.
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:19 pm

9jeieran - you seem quite knowledgable and you make a few good points, I take on board what you have said and agree with you on most points, however I feel that you are totally wrong that people coming to this country to have children with the sole purpose of gaining residency rights, in no way influenced the government to change the law regarding children born in this country. It is directly related to this that the referedum was held and the law changed. Anyone who ses otherwise is walking around with blinkers on.

First-Class Moron - What are you on about. What do you mean these people(Irish) dont want us here. They gave me citizenship and quite a few others on this forum. Im sure that all of them including myself are only too happy to be citizens of our adopted country.
Also im not an insecure individual obssessed with getting an Irish passport, what I am obsessed with is the pursuit of stabilty and hapiness for my family which Ireland an Europe provides. Happy now to have an Irish passport cos the african country could not offer me the same.
Also im pleased that you are happy with youre current nationality. I too am proud to have the Nationalties I have, but being Irish affords me different opportunities.
Im pleased that you are not interested in getting an Irish passport(odd but anyway thats youre choice). You must really enjoy standing at 6am at the GNIB for youre visa renewals and going from one Embassy to another queing up for a visa and having all youre personal information scrutinised.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:46 pm

Had some time to kill so was looking through First-Class Moron previous posts. Really interesting that you go from one country to another trying to get residency. Are you perhaps looking for a loophole??????

El shaddai
Member of Standing

Post by El shaddai » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:12 pm

If somebody has acquired citizenship in a foreign land,i dont think it s proper to forget about your origin and i will never be in a position to speak evil about my fatherland.What ever Passport you got may give you lots of benefits, i dont dispute that? but the facts is that "you are still a bloody Africans" where ever you go.
Many nations of the world are coming to Ireland in 1998,the baltic states,Scandinavians,Asians,Russians, and many others arrives fully loaded.
There s an African Proverbs that says"it is a bastards and vagabonds that will use a left hand to point to his or her father's house"
A Word is Enough For a Wise.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:24 pm

El shaddai wrote:If somebody has acquired citizenship in a foreign land,i dont think it s proper to forget about your origin and i will never be in a position to speak evil about my fatherland.What ever Passport you got may give you lots of benefits, i dont dispute that? but the facts is that "you are still a bloody Africans" where ever you go.
Many nations of the world are coming to Ireland in 1998,the baltic states,Scandinavians,Asians,Russians, and many others arrives fully loaded.
There s an African Proverbs that says"it is a bastards and vagabonds that will use a left hand to point to his or her father's house"
A Word is Enough For a Wise.
Arrived fully loaded. .........................Loaded with what???????????

El shaddai
Member of Standing

Post by El shaddai » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:50 pm

WHATEVER YOU THINK :roll: :roll: :roll: :evil: :evil:

MAKUSA
BANNED

Coconut

Post by MAKUSA » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:53 pm

jhbmike wrote:Had some time to kill so was looking through First-Class Moron previous posts. Really interesting that you go from one country to another trying to get residency. Are you perhaps looking for a loophole??????
Its called studying, you know like undergraduate courses, masters and work (not that i expect a porous like you to understand). Hey i did not beg any one for citizenship either. Be proud of your passport and your country, stop trying to sell out because with your Irish passport you are still a second class citizen and a foreigner. Comprehende

El shaddai
Member of Standing

Post by El shaddai » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:07 pm

Hi First-Class Moron,i am in support of your points and i know every reasonable and wise person will always come to their senses and never will sell their inheritance for whatever reasons.
To you jhbmike, i dont think you are a good Ambassador to your motherland and you are not a true and Patriotic African, Do you realised at all that Passport is a worldly thing?the day you die your passport dies as well, why dont you retract your brain and show some respect to the Africans.