ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsorship Undertaking Form

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

DesignChick
BANNED

Sponsorship Undertaking Form

Post by DesignChick » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:41 am

I am applying for a Settlement Visa VAF4A; I have a few questions in regards to a sponsorship undertaking form.

1. Is it necessary for my husband to fill this form in?
2. If so, does it need to be certified?

I know that he has to do a sponsor letter in addition to the other documents to be submitted.

I also have another question, he now stays with his cousin, but will move into a flat in May. We (myself and our children) hope to enter the UK in June.
I would like to give in my application in April, is it possible for me to submit a signed lease agreement and receipt showing the deposit and first months rent paid for the following month?

We will be the only ones living there, if he explains this in his letter would that be ok? We really don't want to start spending money on renting a large place for him alone until as close to us getting there as possible.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:25 pm

I am applying for a Settlement Visa VAF4A; I have a few questions in regards to a sponsorship undertaking form.

1. Is it necessary for my husband to fill this form in?
2. If so, does it need to be certified?

Not required unless ECO requires it from your hubby.

DesignChick
BANNED

Post by DesignChick » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:36 pm

Thanks Batleykhan, I started wondering when I didn't see it listed elsewhere.

What about the lease for the house? Any insight on that?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:19 pm

is it possible for me to submit a signed lease agreement and receipt showing the deposit and first months rent paid for the following month?
As long as the tennancy agreement is for at least six months, then yes it is ok to submit it. It should not be a problem.

DesignChick
BANNED

Post by DesignChick » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:03 pm

Great, thanks Batleykhan.
Trying so hard to breathe as I go through these last couple of months. Used to wonder why people always spoke of failing health during this wait, can you believe I now have high blood pressure.
I would never believe the stress of this wait would be affect me so greatly.

Thanks again for your invaluable help.

andyb123

Post by andyb123 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:30 pm

regarding sponsorship undertaking form;

you can download this form, print it, sign it and send it

it doesn't need to be certified by a solicitor

it's a 2 minute job so why not include it as a matter of course?

I took the shotgun approach to my application and submitted every item of paperwork i found mention of on the UKBA website, this forum and any other website that had any suggestion of what to submit

if for some reason you CAN'T submit something then don't worry about it, but if you can, i'd say it's best to include anything and everything you can think of

DesignChick
BANNED

Post by DesignChick » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:02 pm

I guess you're quite right, it will only take a little time to be filled in. Plus my husband has to send everything else to me by courier, one more sheet won't make a difference.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:07 pm

Remember the more documents that you provide that are not an essential requirements for an application, the more chances you are giving to the ECO, to notice any discrepencies and hence refuse your application :roll:

andyb123

Post by andyb123 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:13 pm

if it's a genuine application, why would there be any discrepencies?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:28 am

I accept that it is a genuine form.

Its not an essential requirment of the application. It is only required if the ECO wants the sponsor to undertake an assurance that they are required to provide all cost/accom etc. This happens in some rare circumstances.

As far as handing in more documents than are required,sometimes the ECO picks up some discrepencies in the extra documents and then uses that to refuse the applicant. If those extra docs were not presented the application would have been accepted.

Take it from me I have seen it so many times and its bloody annoying.

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:20 pm

Hi
batleykhan wrote:
I accept that it is a genuine form.

Its not an essential requirment of the application. It is only required if the ECO wants the sponsor to undertake an assurance that they are required to provide all cost/accom etc. This happens in some rare circumstances.

As far as handing in more documents than are required,sometimes the ECO picks up some discrepencies in the extra documents and then uses that to refuse the applicant. If those extra docs were not presented the application would have been accepted.

Take it from me I have seen it so many times and its bloody annoying.
Indeed not required..This is when Eco ask you to send this otherwise no..

UK_Banned_Member