ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help with bringing wife to UK..

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

chilly9876
Newly Registered

Need help with bringing wife to UK..

Post by chilly9876 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:53 pm

Hi,

I'm hoping that someone can help with a few questions i have on my application. I keep finding people who have opposite opinion on things and its leaving me quite confused. So here is my situation:

I'm a British born male who Married in India in December 2009.

My main questions are with regards to my finance:
About 3 yrs ago me and a friend left our stable jobs to set up our own business. Our company is Limited and we are both Directors with 50% shares each in the company.

Up until September of this year we did not pay ourselves (in all honesty we did take money from the account in small amounts in situations when we really needed it). I live with my parents hence they supported me until our business took off.
From September we started to pay ourselves £100 weekly, and as of December this was raised to £1000 monthly after tax and ni.
My 1st concern is will the ECO feel that ive raised my wage to help with the application?how do i make sure he cant use this to turn the application down?
My 2nd query- I have approx £2500 in my account however i have a credit card with a £1000 debt on it, the monthly payments are direct debited from my account monthly. Will this be a problem?will i have to provide a current credit card statement to show the amount of debt(as they will see i have a credit card from direct debits showing on bank statement)? What are my options?What affect will having a credit card with a balance on it have on my application?
Finally my wife has just told me that she has signed our marriage papers in her maiden name.however she doesnt have an indian passport and when applying for it she had it put in my name (ie wife of...) and shes signed it with my surname..will the different signatures pose a problem???

Hope you guys can help

andyb123

Post by andyb123 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:40 pm

in the UK at least, you have to sign marriage papers in your maiden name because before you are married that IS your name, so having marriage papers in maiden name and passport subsequently in married name is normal, no need to worry there

firstly; include a copy of your company's accounts - this will show a better idea of your finances in regard to your ability to support your wife, explain in the covering letter that you took a pay holiday to set-up your company but that you are now earning a salary

i don't think it will look bad to the ECO that you have started your own company and that that comapny is now successful enough that you can afford to be paying yourself a decent wage

on point 2; if you have £2500 in your current account, and are paying yourself £1000 after tax, why can you not pay off your credit card debt?

surely you have the cash to pay off the credit card, then if you need to make further purchases you can use your credit card again - IMO it is better to show usage of a credit card and mostly paying it off on a regular basis, a lot of people prefer to make purchases on a card because of the extra protection this gives and it will look "normal"

if you show a consistent, non-paid off credit card debt that will count against your finance record

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:36 pm

why would you be showing credit card statements???

Have you not got a bank account where you put your wages.....
???REUNITED???

chilly9876
Newly Registered

Post by chilly9876 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:18 pm

I have a bank account where my wages go into..however on my bank statement on that account it will show direct debits for my monthly credit card bill. I'm guessing for this reason i will have to show them my credit card statement???

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:39 pm

chilly9876

I have got credit card debts which also so this and to be honest they did not seem bothered, i also have a debit for a loan too, no need to send credit card statements etc....as long as you can pay your rent and council tax etc then you should be ok....unless it gets refused then you may be better off proving incoming and outgoing funds etc, i wouldnt worry too much as long as there is proof where the money comes from and there is enough to support your spouse........

Good luck!!! and keep us posted.....have you had any legal advice on your case?
???REUNITED???

chilly9876
Newly Registered

Post by chilly9876 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:43 pm

I have sought legal advice, its from someone i know hence i'm not paying for it just seeking guidance from him. However i'm finding that it's better asking here as people talk from experience, not only of their own case but other cases they've seen on here. From what i can determine from reading posts here, there are things that "should be ok" yet still CEO's have rejected some cases due to these things. So a legal advisor may say something is ok, however posters on this board may know of cases where people have been rejected for that very reason.
If legal advisors always got it right we wouldn't have so many cases going to appeal...This place is like a Godsend, great work to all those involved! :D

With regards to my case, hopefully submitting it at the beginning of March. I'll keep you all posted.