ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO VS POSTAL APPLICATION

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kindley

PEO VS POSTAL APPLICATION

Post by kindley » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:39 am

Are postal applications handled differently?

I might be ignorant about the operation of UKBA, I just want to be educated and I'm not insinuating anything but I'm just trying to make sense of the frustration share by many people.

Can anyone help?
Last edited by kindley on Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

andyb123

Post by andyb123 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:25 pm

same day premium appointments are for "straight forward" cases only, which allow them to be completed on the day

I can only assume then that there are enough "not straight forward" cases being made by post that there is insufficient capacity in the system and that that's just how long it takes for the case workers to get through them

even if your case is "straight forward", it still sits in a pile of not straight forward ones until someone gets to it - when they do get to it, it probably is then decided quite quickly, hence why some cases "only" take 6-7 weeks, where as others take 3 months

when applying for your initial visa abroad it can take 3 months to get a response, so i'm not surprised that extensions, ILR etc. take about the same time when already here

so really, the "normal" service is just that, normal... it's a bonus that they offer the premium one day service for people that want or need to get their answer back quicker for personal reasons

taylondon

Post by taylondon » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:35 pm

HO might not find an application as ''straightforward'' even though we or our solicitor finds it straightforward.

there is no quarantee that your application will be accepted as straightforward at the PEO offices. You still have to pay the higher amount but might need leave the PEO and wait like postal application

here is the HO report. This report covers both charged and non-charged applications. It shows the HO service standards and set out the time it will take us to process applications.

It is only for further leave to remain applications only

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... rformance/

In March 2007 only 90% of the PEO applications were processed as ''straightforward''

still %10 had to leave the PEO without having anything in their hands and had to wait further weeks/months to get their passports back

kindley

Post by kindley » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:30 pm

Thank you Taylondon and andy for your inputs. I appreciate your responses.
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

karwan1

Post by karwan1 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:44 pm

I agree with above comments, I will tell you what happen to my case, I appled for permium service I can not remeber £550 or something like that 6 weeks ago for my ILR to be transfered to new passport, however, as I changed my name in the new passport so I assume this is the reason why it take it so long, suppose to be starightforward, anyway, I called them last week and they told me to wait a minium of 14 weeks (as if it was postal order....

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:26 am

karwan1 wrote:I agree with above comments, I will tell you what happen to my case, I appled for permium service I can not remeber £550 or something like that 6 weeks ago for my ILR to be transfered to new passport, however, as I changed my name in the new passport so I assume this is the reason why it take it so long, suppose to be starightforward, anyway, I called them last week and they told me to wait a minium of 14 weeks (as if it was postal order....
Well If you have lot of evidence and have read immigration rule on which you are applying carefully then I would advice PEO application.I have experience of PEO and this was great.
Visa stamp in one day.

But for complex and difficult application I would advice postal application.

Peo application have good success rate as compared to postal.My guess

UK_Banned_Member
Please always seek legal advise from OSIC consultant or immigration solicitor.These are my personal views gain through experience or study.

UK_Banned_Member