ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Am i a victim of scam?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Codix
Newly Registered

Am i a victim of scam?

Post by Codix » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:52 pm

Are you familiar of this? Am I a victim of scam? pls help me.

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:55 pm

Are they asking for money to sort you out a visa ?

Scammers are now targeting immigrants , basically they post fake job adds in other countries , anyone that replies is of course offered the job with a huge weekly wage . All that is needed is a visa , which they will help you get (this of course will cost you a fee) they take that money and you never hear from them again .

It is a new version of the old cheque fraud scam . In that scam they again offered jobs to people , all they had to do in this job was bank cheques that got sent to them , then send say 70% of the cheques value to the person , they could keep the other 30% for themself . Of course the cheques were either stolen or fake cheques . People ended up in trouble with the law and lost lots of money .

I am not saying for sure that this is a scam Codix , but it VERY much looks like a scam to me . If they in any way ask you for money or try to get you cashing cheques , tell them to piss off . Do not lose money to fraudsters !
Please respect the sites admin and mod team . They donate time to this site for free . Let us thank them !
Tottenham Hotspur have made it into the Champions League . Great Times :0)

Codix
Newly Registered

Post by Codix » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:35 am

As of now they are not asking for fee's thats why i keep on replying them and communicate. I also tried to have a research for the e-mails and all of them are ob blacklisted list. Thanks Rattlesanake for the advice.
Last edited by Codix on Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:36 am

Its offering the position of a DRIVER but in the end it says they are gonna apply for HSMP visa. I don't understand how can a driver be entitled to apply under HSMP ??
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:41 am

inwarsaw wrote:Its offering the position of a DRIVER but in the end it says they are gonna apply for HSMP visa. I don't understand how can a driver be entitled to apply under HSMP ??
It also offers £1200 a week (do drivers really earn that a week ?? ) and at 1st the job is a driver but then it says you will be a member of our executive management team .... not many drivers would be made members of the executive management team .

It seems very fishy to me .
Please respect the sites admin and mod team . They donate time to this site for free . Let us thank them !

Codix
Newly Registered

Post by Codix » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:47 am

My God....My wife and my Kid's are excited on this and it will end up like this...How can people like this do this kind of work. How can i tell my family about this....

mahajanvivek

Post by mahajanvivek » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:47 am

This is a scam !!! so beware of it. Some time back i had received a similar letter for a job in some hotel in UK doing IT work. I called up the number which was given on that letter and guess what (THE NUMBER was for the right company but they were not offering any jobs or even interviews). So i told them about the letter which i receive from them and they asked me to forward it to them which i did. Then i called up next day and enquired whats happening and they said they have forwarded that to the police and they are looking into it. So please just beware of them.

Also in the application form they will get all your details and use it for IDENTITY FRAUD.

John

Post by John » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:16 am

A quick check shows there is no company registered at Companies House called Thameside Builders Ltd.
John

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:19 am

Aw sorry Codix, but atleast you found out before you filled that form in and exposed all of your personal information to some identity thieving knee cap.
I tell it like it is.

Codix
Newly Registered

Post by Codix » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:45 am

Well ther s nothing to do with it....anyways guys tnx for all your replies...and tnx that i have found this forum, i hope i can start here finding a new start :)
GOD bless for all the people who's doing that thing.

Dr Logic
BANNED

Post by Dr Logic » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:39 am

RattleSnake wrote:
inwarsaw wrote:Its offering the position of a DRIVER but in the end it says they are gonna apply for HSMP visa. I don't understand how can a driver be entitled to apply under HSMP ??
It also offers £1200 a week (do drivers really earn that a week ?? ) and at 1st the job is a driver but then it says you will be a member of our executive management team .... not many drivers would be made members of the executive management team .

It seems very fishy to me .

£1200 a week? :shock: no mannnn :?
Real Eyes Realize Real Lies....

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:29 pm

Any update Codix ?

If you have time could yopu maybe post some info in regards as to where yu saw the advert for this job ? Did you ahve a interview for it ? Any info you can provide may help others as they will know what to look out for ! .

Take care sir and good luck with the job search 8)

global gypsy

Post by global gypsy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:03 pm

Just look through the number of spelling errors and poor writing style in the original letter.
Easy to spot it's a scam.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:23 pm

global gypsy wrote:Just look through the number of spelling errors and poor writing style in the original letter.
And the domain thamesidebuilders.co.uk doesn't exist. top-mobilephones.co.uk and uk-workpermit-solutions.co.uk do tho - registered to a Larry Cameron and gandi.net.

But most of all I can't believe anyone would fall for this, a driver for a building company on £62k a year?

And what's Oxford Hotel got to do with it?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:26 pm

Wanderer wrote:
global gypsy wrote:Just look through the number of spelling errors and poor writing style in the original letter.
And the domain thamesidebuilders.co.uk doesn't exist. top-mobilephones.co.uk and uk-workpermit-solutions.co.uk do tho - registered to a Larry Cameron and gandi.net.

But most of all I can't believe anyone would fall for this, a driver for a building company on £62k a year?

And what's Oxford Hotel got to do with it?
Yes but the pretty colours are distracting and then when you doubt the authenticity, there's a lovely red "approved" stamp!!! :P
I tell it like it is.

global gypsy

Post by global gypsy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:41 pm

You know the saying "A sucker is born every minute".
So true.

Tim555

Re: Am i a victim of scam?

Post by Tim555 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:16 am

Codix wrote:Are you familiar of this? Am I a victim of scam? pls help me.

Yes you are.
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

~busybee~
Newly Registered

Post by ~busybee~ » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:21 pm

THIS IS A SCAM (419)!! Please do not send your details across

£1200 per week for a Driver ? Read carefully the responsiblities of the driver on the Letter. - To train and recruit employees? I thot that is the role of an HR Administrator? :roll:
Codix wrote:As of now they are not asking for fee's thats why i keep on replying them and communicate. I also tried to have a research for the e-mails and all of them are ob blacklisted list. Thanks Rattlesanake for the advice.
The last paragraph says you should send your details to another scamming email of theirs! I m sure when you send you details accross, the issue of Administrative & visa processing Fees comes up! :roll: Then you will have to pay & get duped :roll:

Besides that Application form is photo edited!

I know a SCAM WHEN I SEE ONE! THIS IS 100% SCAM

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:59 pm

~busybee~ wrote:THIS IS A SCAM (419)!! Please do not send your details across

£1200 per week for a Driver ? Read carefully the responsiblities of the driver on the Letter. - To train and recruit employees? I thot that is the role of an HR Administrator? :roll:
Codix wrote:As of now they are not asking for fee's thats why i keep on replying them and communicate. I also tried to have a research for the e-mails and all of them are ob blacklisted list. Thanks Rattlesanake for the advice.
The last paragraph says you should send your details to another scamming email of theirs! I m sure when you send you details accross, the issue of Administrative & visa processing Fees comes up! :roll: Then you will have to pay & get duped :roll:

Besides that Application form is photo edited!

I know a SCAM WHEN I SEE ONE! THIS IS 100% SCAM
VERY TRUE. AGREE
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

Gander
Newly Registered

Definitely a Scam!

Post by Gander » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:33 pm

Your right and thanks for posting it.

KG

Tim555

Re: Definitely a Scam!

Post by Tim555 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:21 am

Gander wrote:Your right and thanks for posting it.

KG
be carefull from scam

nathan_nathan

identity theft ???

Post by nathan_nathan » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:33 am

They are not asking for money - but they seem to have a bigger plan. For a hotel booking you just need a credit card - passport number etc could be used for stealing your identity. So be careful and dont give your personal details

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:12 am

The website is hilarious. I love the image of the Van with the logo pasted on in paint :lol:

aim2010
Newly Registered

Re: Am i a victim of scam?

Post by aim2010 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:35 pm

Codix wrote:Are you familiar of this? Am I a victim of scam? pls help me.

Driver - £ 1200 per week, HSPM...reporting to Vice President!!.... this must be a F1 driver!! lol

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Sat May 15, 2010 7:37 pm

SPAM and SCAM