ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ianing
Newly Registered

2 questions

Post by ianing » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:38 pm

HI all,

I am a single mother with 2 newborn babies, i've got my ILR last December.
I am thinking about to sponsor my mum for a dependent visa to the UK.
In the last few years,my mum has been to the UK 3 time based on 6 month visitor visa. She is 55 years old and now retired. She has been widowed for 11years, and I am her only child. She hasn't got any close relatives (no brother and sister) either back home.
She has living on her pension but it's not quite enough for her and i've been sending money to her for the last few years.
I've been told this kind of visa is very difficult to get, not sure if its worth to try?

The other question is that, my twin babies are bron in the UK, i got my ILR after there were born but they were not included in the application. Now they have got their hong kong passport and we are going to travel back to honkong soon. Can i take them back to the UK on their hong kong passport and apply for citizenship for them afterwards?

Thanks!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:46 pm

Hard visa to get especially if under 65 and with a pension.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

hmm

Post by hmm » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:55 pm

very difficult to get dependent visa for someone under 65. your motherhas to show that she is living alone in most exceptional compasinate circumtances, mainly financially dependes on you and has no one to turn to in her home country.
If she applied for dependent visa and refused (most likely to happen), she wouldn't be able to get another visit visa. The ECO won't believe she will go back home before the visit visa expire.
Best to get her another visit visa.

moma

Post by moma » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:26 pm

hey just advice on ur babies i would and get them the ilr or wait till dec when u apply for ur Naturalisation and get them naturalised same time. my friend and hubby have two kids one was born before they married and dad got ILR and british citizenship and when he took all this he didnt apply for his daughter. my friend gave birth after the hubby got ILR and this kid got brit passport and when they tried getting one of older kid they were turned down.

whatever u do abt ur mum do thorough research and then decide go on the Ukresident forum, check on this forum, ukvisas, ukba look at guidance and law. u have loads of time since u are on maternity leave. and congrads on the twins.

hmm

Post by hmm » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:57 pm

The visa fee for elderly dependent visa is going up in April this year. It is going to be £1680+.

ianing
Newly Registered

Post by ianing » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:15 pm

Thanks all for the replay !