ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Sponsor is unemployed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

CaMic
Newly Registered

UK Sponsor is unemployed

Post by CaMic » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:47 pm

Hiya

I've tried looking through the forum to find a case similar to this but haven't found anything to answer my question .....

I havent worked in 2 years and get long term Incapacity Benefit (IB) of approximately £400/month. Before being unemployed I had a pretty good job and so I have a significant sum in savings (enough to supplement my IB for another 2+ years). What I want to know is if my savings alone are sufficient for me to sponsor my fiance on a VAF4a? If not, I can consider getting what they call 'Permitted Work' wherby I can work up to 15 hours per week and earn £93/week in addition to my IB.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: UK Sponsor is unemployed

Post by ElenaW » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:39 pm

CaMic wrote:Hiya

I've tried looking through the forum to find a case similar to this but haven't found anything to answer my question .....

I havent worked in 2 years and get long term Incapacity Benefit (IB) of approximately £400/month. Before being unemployed I had a pretty good job and so I have a significant sum in savings (enough to supplement my IB for another 2+ years). What I want to know is if my savings alone are sufficient for me to sponsor my fiance on a VAF4a? If not, I can consider getting what they call 'Permitted Work' wherby I can work up to 15 hours per week and earn £93/week in addition to my IB.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I'm assuming you don't pay rent or council tax? If not then the amount should be fine to sponsor your fiance.
I tell it like it is.

CaMic
Newly Registered

Post by CaMic » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:18 pm

Hi

I pay a small mortgage and the full amount of council tax for a single occupancy residence as my savings have put me above the threshold for a council tax discount. I read in another thread that you need to make £100.95 per week after rent/mortgage/council tax - I don't have that amount even before expenses (IB is just over £92/week) which is why I wondered if my savings would count in lieu of income?

I'm trying to get a job but employers in this climate don't need someone who's been out of work for 2 years and has ongoing health issues.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:26 pm

CaMic wrote:Hi

I pay a small mortgage and the full amount of council tax for a single occupancy residence as my savings have put me above the threshold for a council tax discount. I read in another thread that you need to make £100.95 per week after rent/mortgage/council tax - I don't have that amount even before expenses (IB is just over £92/week) which is why I wondered if my savings would count in lieu of income?

I'm trying to get a job but employers in this climate don't need someone who's been out of work for 2 years and has ongoing health issues.
Yes you're correct about it being £100.95/week after rent+council tax. So hopefully your savings will suffice for the requirement.
I tell it like it is.

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:53 pm

you are entitled to that benefit in your own right, i used the immigration advisory service and it was free
???REUNITED???

CaMic
Newly Registered

Post by CaMic » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:49 am

thank you - I will try contacting the Immigration Advisory Service :)