ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please any update recent EEA2 applications made

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

waqaspk
Newly Registered

Please any update recent EEA2 applications made

Post by waqaspk » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:16 pm

Hi,

Please any one who applied within this month or last month share any updates regarding certificate of application after submission of eea2 how much time its taking on average in 2010 or anyone who applied eea2 in last 2 months time .

Thank you very much
Regards Syed

kashijee
Newly Registered

Post by kashijee » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:23 am

hi waqas :
i have applied for RC in 19th Jan 2010 and no reply from HO.
they should send me certificate of application (COA) atleast.
anyway let me know if you recieved your COA ?

WellingtonKiwi

Post by WellingtonKiwi » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:23 am

Hi there, I applied in Nov, received COA after 2 weeks and residence card after about a month. I thin it’s worth ringing to check they’ve received / lodged your application.

nanaaddo80

Waiting times

Post by nanaaddo80 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:56 pm

Hi,
I made an application after divorce on the 02/01/2010 which the home office received on 04/10.2010.I received a certificate of application(COA)on 30/01/2010,but the letter was dated 26/01/2010. I believe wating times are better now compared to previous applications made by people on this forum

Oxana
Newly Registered

Post by Oxana » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:19 pm

Hello!
I sent my application with documents on the 13 of January. And I received a letter from HO confirming they had received my application with documents last week.

waqaspk
Newly Registered

thank you everybody

Post by waqaspk » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:38 pm

Hi thank you very much to all of you for sharing eea2 updates. Hope this year applications are processed on time. Please keep on updating here everyone who gets certificate of application and eea2 processed thank you.

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:32 pm

Here's the history of my wife's EEA2 application so far:

7th Jan: sent application by special delivery.
7th Jan: received by Home Office
14th Jan: sent email asking when we might receive the COA, and if everything is in order with the application. Explained to them that we wish to travel in May.
18th Jan: sent complaint that no response was received from my query within 48 hours. Reminded HO of their obligations under 2006 Immigration Rules to issue a COA immediately.
19th Jan: Received COA, confirming right to work/reside in the UK (the COA was dated 14th Jan).
21st Jan: received confirmation of complaint
27th Jan: apology letter received, responding to complaint. A second COA was enclosed in the envelope.

Since 27th Jan, no update from the HO. I am thinking about calling them next week for an update, but I doubt I will get anywhere :roll:

waqaspk
Newly Registered

hi

Post by waqaspk » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:12 pm

Hi,

first of all thank you very much to all of you for sharing useful information and updates regarding EEA2. Today i got my certificate of application I applied on 26th of january and today 10 feburary i got my certificate of application . i do send a complaint thorugh email yesterday but i think they typed my letter on 6th of feburary which is fast and fair. hope the processing is fast now atleast they issuing COA on time . Goodluck to all of you

thank you very much

basel_jaber
Newly Registered

Post by basel_jaber » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:23 pm

doesnotcompute wrote:Here's the history of my wife's EEA2 application so far:

14th Jan: sent email asking when we might receive the COA, and if everything is in order with the application. Explained to them that we wish to travel in May.
18th Jan: sent complaint that no response was received from my query within 48 hours. Reminded HO of their obligations under 2006 Immigration Rules to issue a COA immediately.
19th Jan: Received COA, confirming right to work/reside in the UK (the COA was dated 14th Jan).
27th Jan: apology letter received, responding to complaint. A second COA was enclosed in the envelope.

Since 27th Jan, no update from the HO. I am thinking about calling them next week for an update, but I doubt I will get anywhere :roll:
Does the COA confirms your right to work and reside? how is that stated? whats the need for the residence card if the COA confirms that even before they look into your case and study your papers?

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:54 pm

basel_jaber wrote:

Does the COA confirms your right to work and reside? how is that stated? whats the need for the residence card if the COA confirms that even before they look into your case and study your papers?
The COA does indeed confirm the right to work. I don't know the exact wording off the top of my head.

My wife has since gotten a job using just the COA. The employer says they rang the HO and confirmed she has the right to work, so they don't need to see her EEA Residence Card.

dhruv2325
Newly Registered

Re: thank you everybody

Post by dhruv2325 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:01 pm

waqaspk wrote:Hi thank you very much to all of you for sharing eea2 updates. Hope this year applications are processed on time. Please keep on updating here everyone who gets certificate of application and eea2 processed thank you.
could you please tell me that coa came by recorded delivery or normal post

waqaspk
Newly Registered

Post by waqaspk » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:52 pm

dhruv2325 wrote:
waqaspk wrote:Hi thank you very much to all of you for sharing eea2 updates. Hope this year applications are processed on time. Please keep on updating here everyone who gets certificate of application and eea2 processed thank you.
hi coa comes by normal post . It takes about 4 days to reach.

waqaspk
Newly Registered

Post by waqaspk » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:53 pm

dhruv2325 wrote:
hi coa comes by normal post . It takes about 4 days to reach.

wet26

Post by wet26 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:45 am

basel_jaber wrote:

My COA states:

... until such time as your application has been decided by the UK Border Agency, you will be treated for immigration purposes as a family member of a legally resident EEA national and, as such, you are free to live and work in the United Kingdom.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:22 am

I sent my EEA2 application on 5th of January and received the COA on 20th of Januray.

I called them last Friday and they said it is still under initial check process...

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:43 pm

Rang the Liverpool office this afternoon, and they told me "it hasn't been assigned a case reference number yet...it's still in a queue".

Whatever that means. :roll:

wet26

Post by wet26 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:04 pm

doesnotcompute wrote:Rang the Liverpool office this afternoon, and they told me "it hasn't been assigned a case reference number yet...it's still in a queue".

Just be patient.

I submitted my app on 14/09/09, received my COA (dated 18/09/09) two weeks later, and heard nothing from the HO until 30/11/09 when they sent a letter requesting some further evidence. I called Liverpool yesterday to change my address and they told me it's still under consideration.

I'll start chasing them once the six months they are allowed to take to process elapses.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:19 pm

wet26 wrote:
doesnotcompute wrote:Rang the Liverpool office this afternoon, and they told me "it hasn't been assigned a case reference number yet...it's still in a queue".

Just be patient.

I submitted my app on 14/09/09, received my COA (dated 18/09/09) two weeks later, and heard nothing from the HO until 30/11/09 when they sent a letter requesting some further evidence. I called Liverpool yesterday to change my address and they told me it's still under consideration.

I'll start chasing them once the six months they are allowed to take to process elapses.

Could you please indicate what were the additional documents they requested? And, did you send any "insurance" documents?

Thanks...

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:25 pm

I sent my EEA2 Application on 5th of January and received the COA on 20th of January (dated 17th of January which is SUNDAY). I rang the HO last Friday and they told me that the application is still under initial check stage.

I did not send any insurance documents, so I was wondering if it is necessary to send it?

wet26

Post by wet26 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:02 pm

Forza_RC wrote:
wet26 wrote:

Just be patient.

Could you please indicate what were the additional documents they requested? And, did you send any "insurance" documents?

Thanks...
They requested further evidence that my husband and I have been living together since we returned to the UK from Spain. So I just sent them 5 months worth of bank statements, my letter of offer of employment, letters from DWP regarding my NI number, husband's speeding tickets :-/ and some other things, basically anything "official" posted to our house.

I didn't send any insurance documents as my husband is British (he was exercising treaty rights in Spain for 2 years) and he is employed full time. Plus, I'm Australian and Australia and the UK have reciprocal healthcare agreements. I'm sure insurance is only required if you are self sufficient and therefore not paying national insurance.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:59 pm

wet26 wrote:
Forza_RC wrote:
wet26 wrote:

Just be patient.

Thanks...
They requested further evidence that my husband and I have been living together since we returned to the UK from Spain. So I just sent them 5 months worth of bank statements, my letter of offer of employment, letters from DWP regarding my NI number, husband's speeding tickets :-/ and some other things, basically anything "official" posted to our house.

I didn't send any insurance documents as my husband is British (he was exercising treaty rights in Spain for 2 years) and he is employed full time. Plus, I'm Australian and Australia and the UK have reciprocal healthcare agreements. I'm sure insurance is only required if you are self sufficient and therefore not paying national insurance.
Thanks Wet26!

kafi

eea 2 application

Post by kafi » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:08 pm

hi,

we have submitted eea1 & eea2 application on 19th junary,2010 & received COA certificate in 14th feb,2010. but there is spelling mistake in my name. i had called them for correction. they asked me to fax a letter that i did. still i have not received anyhting from them .

but there is no reference num ont his ceritficte.
can any one tell me is it vaolid without reference number.

many thx

wet26

Re: eea 2 application

Post by wet26 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:20 pm

kafi wrote:hi,

we have submitted eea1 & eea2 application on 19th junary,2010 & received COA certificate in 14th feb,2010. but there is spelling mistake in my name. i had called them for correction. they asked me to fax a letter that i did. still i have not received anyhting from them .

many thx
My COA does not have a reference number and it is not even signed. Your COA is valid.

jajanana

Post by jajanana » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:31 pm

many thx
Hi Kafi,
I would advice you to make a complain to the UKBA in Manchester and in Liverpool centre, send the complain letter via fax and email.
Thesame happen to me, I made my application in January and they send my COA to another address in London, after waiting for three weeks, I start to chase them up.
They issue another COA and send to me but my name was spelled the other way round and the COA i received doesn't say right to work.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:35 pm

many thx
Hi,

I sent my application on 5th of Januray 2010 and received the COA on 20th of January 2010. There is a reference number on my COA. And it is signed.

I would adivse you to call them and explain your situation as soon as possible.