ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying ILR after working for same employer for 5 years

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dreamer12
Newly Registered

Applying ILR after working for same employer for 5 years

Post by dreamer12 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:36 pm

Hi,

I complete my 4 years and 11 months next month and I'm planning to go on window to apply for ILR. I just want to know what documents do I need considering that I have worked for the same company since march 2005.

I was issued with a 1 and a half year work permit to start with and the company name changed during the first year but home office still issued me an extension after the company director rang home office and supplied them with all extra documents they needed. I am just wondering if that would cause any trouble.

Also, I'm hoping all p60s are not required since I only have 2008-2009 P60. Rest got lost while moving a house. I don't even have all payslips before 2008. Would a letter from my employer stating that I have been employed since 2005 is enough to prove that I have been financially active and paying taxes.

Cheers!

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:01 pm

The document list has been posted many times on the forum by various successful ILR applicants. Use search to look for information already available.

regards

HMRB

Hi

Post by HMRB » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:33 am

Generally if you are on a work permit with the same employer the latest P60 is enough but it is entirely at the discretion of the case worker and they could ask you for them. But generally they don't. Make sure you take as many pay slips with you as you can.

Also you can get a duplicate P60 from your employer and ask them to stamp/sign them. If I were you I would take duplicates with me.

dreamer12
Newly Registered

Post by dreamer12 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:20 am

i'll try to get duplicates...

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:41 am

apart from issuing you a copy of P60s, payroll can always restore missing payslips. i've just requested mine from HR. they have done if before in 2007 for my FLR.
they should also sign and stamp them for you.

dont' be shy to ask them. there are there to help, not to spoil your life :)