ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Scam?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ThirdWorldTraveller
Member of Standing

Scam?

Post by ThirdWorldTraveller » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:55 pm

Friends,
I have an email, which goes like this in below. Unfortunately, I can't name the agency because of forum restrictions(I tried though) but something about this mail make me suspicious that it's scam. However, I couldn't place what it is, as the email is apparently harmless. Any help appreciated.

To: Sent:
Subject: Strictly Private and Confidential - Contact Request:

Working Locally, Nationally and Internationally.
Latest December Results: For every new client of Fxxx Cxxxxd, an existing client moved into their new Career Position!

Hit the ground running in January 2010!

Dear XX

I have read your CV with interest and I would like to speak with you to clarify your CV further.

Once we have had the chance to discuss the same it may be prudent to arrange a one to one meeting in our London Office with one of our consultants. This naturally would be at a mutually convenient time.

I will be available on the telephone numbers below, throughout today until 5.00pm, alternatively periodically throughout tomorrow, day nth February between 9:30am – 4.00pm. I would be grateful if you could please call me at your earliest convenience quoting the reference number XXX nnnnnnn XX

In the interim I would be grateful if you could familiarise yourself with our company at www.fxxtcxxxxd.com

However, if I do not hear from you by the aforementioned time, I will assume that you have now secured a career position or taken another path and I would like to take this opportunity in wishing you every success in your forward career.

Kind Regards
XXX
Third World Traveller

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:09 pm

It's a scam.

They get you there, test u, bullshit u up and say they have loads of 100k job u r suitable for, but u need pay 6k!

http://www.worldpassports.org/united-ki ... al/1768502
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ThirdWorldTraveller
Member of Standing

Post by ThirdWorldTraveller » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:10 pm

hmm. Another false dawn.
Tx anyway.
Third World Traveller

global gypsy

Post by global gypsy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:43 pm

It has scam written all over it.
It's amazing to think someone is giving away jobs when people are struggling to find an opening in these bad times...