ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any 2010 Experience from Liverpool's PEO?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

allta

Any 2010 Experience from Liverpool's PEO?

Post by allta » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm due to go in at Liverpool PEO early next month for ILR in HSMP JR category. I'm a bit skeptical that I have to go all the way from London to Liverpool, could I still change my appointment to Croydon if I get the chance? Or should I just go for it in Liverpool?

The thing is, I searched through the forum and doesn't seem to find a lot of people going to Liverpool PEO, so any comment from recent experiences will be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks Guys Always!!!
No man can be an Island of Knowledge, a Tree doesn't make a forest

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:57 pm

i've had an appointment at Liverpool becos there was nothing in Croydon but then i was lucky to find slots on-line at Croydon so i booked it and cancelled one at Liverpool.

mind you, if you have booked Liverpool on-line you'll have to cancel it first to book another appointment. in this you're taking chances to miss any slots at Croydon.

so yes, you can change it if you find appointments at Croydon

and i have read here and on other forums about Liverpool PEO. very much the same as any other.

i've booked Racquet Club in Liverpool for £82 for 1 night on my appointment day. it's about 2 minutes walk from the PEO.

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:33 pm

kamalin10 wrote:mind you, if you have booked Liverpool on-line you'll have to cancel it first to book another appointment
That's not true - it is possible to register more than once and use new ID to search for Croydon appointments.

diago_nelson

Post by diago_nelson » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:41 pm

Didnt thought about that option !!!
Thats a nice tip ! Thanks.
wunder wrote:
kamalin10 wrote:mind you, if you have booked Liverpool on-line you'll have to cancel it first to book another appointment
That's not true - it is possible to register more than once and use new ID to search for Croydon appointments.

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:17 am

wunder wrote:
it's cheating :P yes, surely it can be done but from the same account you can only book once.

allta

Post by allta » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:54 am

Thanks for all the tips guys, but I take it that no one from the forum has been to Liverpool PEO in recent times, all I'm worried about now is the Liverpool's Scouse accent, I hope it wouldn't be a problem on the day for me.
I will be taking national bus ride there the night before, will have to stay over at the national Bus station till the next morning. And then go to the PEO for my appointment.

kamalin10

Post by kamalin10 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:15 am

oh come on :D it can’t be that bad! If it is – just make a joke and ask to repeat.
before KOL was introduced they used to get people that could not speak/understand the language at all

allta

Post by allta » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:57 am

kamalin10 wrote:oh come on :D it can’t be that bad! If it is – just make a joke and ask to repeat.
before KOL was introduced they used to get people that could not speak/understand the language at all
lol! I know right? Just that as we begin to move up north, I become unfamiliar with accents. I love Scottish Gealic accent though, so also the Welsh and Irish accent, but Liverpool's? Newcastle's? Well, let's just say I'm not used to those two towns.

choled60
Newly Registered

LIVERPOOL EXPERIENCE

Post by choled60 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:34 am

Hi,
Read this topic on the website (Forum). It explain all.

ILR granted 26days before completion of 4 years

dajumper

Post by dajumper » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:28 pm

I really don't get why you have to travel all the way to liverpool from london?

i called up yesterday (Friday) and managed to secure an appointment in croydon for next friday. The guy on the phone told me there were 1pm, 2pm and 3pm slots. So i chose 3pm.

Was it just my luck it was so simple?