ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

STUDENTS TO WORK FOR 10HRS PER WEEK AND DEPENDANTS OHRS

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bongaye
Newly Registered

STUDENTS TO WORK FOR 10HRS PER WEEK AND DEPENDANTS OHRS

Post by bongaye » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:19 pm

HI ALL

THERE IS A PROPOSAL FROM THE GOVERNMENT THAT INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS STUDYING BELOW UNDERGRADUATE WILL BE ALLOWED TO WORK JUST 10HRS A WEEK AND THEIR DEPENDANTS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO WORK AT ALL?ANY COMMENTS?JUST SAW IT ON THE UKBA WEBSITE.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:01 pm

My comments ? I think its great ! Work should be banned for all students not just those you mentioned.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

geriatrix

Re: STUDENTS TO WORK FOR 10HRS PER WEEK AND DEPENDANTS OHRS

Post by geriatrix » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:29 am

bongaye wrote:HI ALL

THERE IS A PROPOSAL FROM THE GOVERNMENT THAT INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS STUDYING BELOW UNDERGRADUATE WILL BE ALLOWED TO WORK JUST 10HRS A WEEK AND THEIR DEPENDANTS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO WORK AT ALL?ANY COMMENTS?JUST SAW IT ON THE UKBA WEBSITE.
But why shout about it? And why post this in Tier 1 (PSW) discussion forum?

regards

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:29 pm

inwarsaw wrote:My comments ? I think its great ! Work should be banned for all students not just those you mentioned.
That's hypocrisy.. anyways it's ur own point of view..

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:30 pm

potterbond007 wrote:
inwarsaw wrote:My comments ? I think its great ! Work should be banned for all students not just those you mentioned.
Why is it hypocrisy ??

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:35 pm

inwarsaw wrote:
potterbond007 wrote:
Why is it hypocrisy ??
Coz if i am correct then u where a student in the UK who used to work.. anyway even if that is not the case.. how do u expect students to support themselves if not able to work?

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:36 pm

potterbond007 wrote:
inwarsaw wrote:
potterbond007 wrote:
Why is it hypocrisy ??
Coz if i am correct then u where a student in the UK who used to work.. anyway even if that is not the case.. how do u expect students to support themselves if not able to work?

I did work but not to support myself. There is no way you can support yourself by working for 20 hours.

Inernational students are supposed to have funds to support themselves before they travel to UK. That I suppose is the most important thing ECO checks before giving visa.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:36 pm

potterbond007 wrote:
inwarsaw wrote:
potterbond007 wrote:
Why is it hypocrisy ??
They can support themselves the way they always have, with money they always have had to have to support the family and study.

I hope you understand that students have always had to have enough money to study without work, and without any of their family working to enter the UK. Unless of course all the application have been one huge scam to enable people to come to the UK.

The only tme this was any different was under the old rules a non student spouse's income in the UK could be used to show that they could maintain themselves.

PostMan

Post by PostMan » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:16 am

You are wrong, Students should be allowed to work to support their UK experience.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:44 am

PostMan wrote:
You are wrong, Students should be allowed to work to support their UK experience.
Yup and dodge the system and keep the business for bogus colleges going.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:56 am

PostMan wrote:
I agree. Should be unpaid tho and my car needs cleaning.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

c4551m
Pakistan

Post by c4551m » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:54 am

Are all students studying in BOGUS COLLEGES.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:00 am

c4551m wrote:Are all students studying in BOGUS COLLEGES.
There's atleast one that's not in a bogus college *raises hand* :P
I tell it like it is.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:09 pm

c4551m wrote:Are all students studying in BOGUS COLLEGES.
No but thousands of them are.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Get some dignity

Post by Tier 4 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:52 pm

Yo Mr _____ I bet u marriage with some polish chick in Warsaw ahhhhhhhhhhhh change ur id dude get some dignity at least
N/A

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:40 pm

Rules are always there, many worked full time although they are suppose to work 20hr/week. I guess it wont make any difference to those who r already doing it.
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

AW
Newly Registered

Post by AW » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:03 pm

Even in our home country we work along with study so that we can practice all theoretical ideas in a practical context.....
so students should be allowed to work so that they can best understand the COMPLETE CHAIN OF AN ORGANIZATION AND PROBLEMS THAT EVERYONE FACES INVOLVED IN THAT CHAIN......it strengthens their ideas, skills and gives them a practical context to implement the roles which they study in college or university.....

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:23 pm

AW wrote:Even in our home country we work along with study so that we can practice all theoretical ideas in a practical context.....
so students should be allowed to work so that they can best understand the COMPLETE CHAIN OF AN ORGANIZATION AND PROBLEMS THAT EVERYONE FACES INVOLVED IN THAT CHAIN......it strengthens their ideas, skills and gives them a practical context to implement the roles which they study in college or university.....
What, like the chain of events if a burger isn't flipped properly?

AW
Newly Registered

Post by AW » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:55 pm

in my home country i worked as a salesman in a small shop, after a year i was an "HR Manager" in a multinational company......if u dont understand that wut peaople feel or do in the lower level position, u can never get max output from even lower level workers in any organization....u need to involve urself and reach to there level so that u can handle a team in an efficient way.......

Yes, its all about metal approach as some say "flippin a burger" got nothin to do wid a career building n some say "flippin a burger" strengthen someone's understanding that how to raise......

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:09 pm

AW wrote:in my home country i worked as a salesman in a small shop, after a year i was an "HR Manager" in a multinational company......if u dont understand that wut peaople feel or do in the lower level position, u can never get max output from even lower level workers in any organization....u need to involve urself and reach to there level so that u can handle a team in an efficient way.......

Yes, its all about metal approach as some say "flippin a burger" got nothin to do wid a career building n some say "flippin a burger" strengthen someone's understanding that how to raise......
Hahaha this is a good one !

Once a student finishes study, he will have all his life to gain practical experience.

Working 10-20 hours a week to earn money for cigerettes, nights out etc makes sense but what you are saying is ridiculous.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:13 pm

Wanderer wrote:
AW wrote:Even in our home country we work along with study so that we can practice all theoretical ideas in a practical context.....
What, like the chain of events if a burger isn't flipped properly?
Lmao!!! hey! some students have the job of putting clothes back on racks, burger flippin only happens 1/2 the time!
I tell it like it is.

AW
Newly Registered

Post by AW » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:16 pm

wawww thats great so its mean got both the opportunities....?
I wud luv to do that den..

mpabbasi1
Newly Registered

Post by mpabbasi1 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:57 am

hi all,
can any one elaborate about the below degree level courses and if some one is doing Post garaduate diploma leading to MBA wats the status of course level.
regards

worldenron
Newly Registered

Post by worldenron » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:00 am

all courses which are equal or below NQF level 5 (for those who dont understand the NQF level an example of NQF level 3 would be A levels) can work 10 hours and cannot bring their dependants if there course is a foundation degree or SQA HND then they can work 20hours and bring their dependants
Last edited by worldenron on Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:08 pm

worldenron wrote:all courses which are equal or above NQF level 4 (for those who dont understand the NQF level an example of NQF level 3 would be A levels) can work 20 hours and bring their dependants who can work without restrictions 8)
For now - very likely to change to 10 hr and no working provision for dependents.